uniqs
share rss forum feed

drwho2000
Day Dreamer
Premium
join:2003-06-02
Sanford, FL

[Internet] Problems with Arris router in Sanford Fl and apple ic

I have RR Lightening (40mps) with an Arris TG852 router. I cannot backup to apple's iCloud from either my iPhone or iPad. I also cannot print to my wireless printer from either device. I can surf the internet and use apps across the internet such as Amazon's app without a problem.

I logged into a free brighthouse wifi in Sanford and was able to backup via iCloud. This points to the Arris router in my home. One other thing, I cannot connect to my xbox using the xbox Smart Glass app on my iPad either. The xbox does connect to xbox live without issue.

Has anyone seen this before?
--
Just because your not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you!

NormanD

join:2012-11-26

Re: [Internet] Problems with Arris router in Sanford Fl and appl

Same Problem here. A few weeks ago I came upon a paper listing Arris units. 3 were said to not work. tg852, tg862 and another. This was over a problem with Comcast down south. I can not find where I put the printout. I spent time with Apple today and finally they told me to go to another WIFI spot. I lunched at Big Mac's stake house and used there ATT unit. It worked. Now to prove it is the tg852 and get something else from Bright House.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:153
reply to drwho2000
There are no known issues with Apple products and these modems...in fact I personally tested these devices with the very devices you mention above including icloud. What Apple DID fail to mention to you is the past three months or so they have had a very hard time keeping iCloud afloat let alone accessible.

»www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=les···&bih=842
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to drwho2000
That said...

It's likely something combined with the above that is causing you this grief. Open a direct forums thread, include your IP address so I can look at the modem settings and I will be in touch tomorrow.

drwho2000
Day Dreamer
Premium
Sanford, FL
Thank you. My post is in direct forums is titled: Connectivity problems with Arris TG852 router in Sanford Fl. Posted around 12:23am.
--

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to drwho2000
Got it...thanks will be in touch tomorrow as well.

NormanD

reply to BHNtechXpert
Should you find an answer to the problem, could you post what needs to be changed? I am in Malabar, FL pulling my hair out on this one. Thanks

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by NormanD:

Should you find an answer to the problem, could you post what needs to be changed? I am in Malabar, FL pulling my hair out on this one. Thanks

In this case you will need to open a direct forums thread and include your IP address. It is not likely that you both are related.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to drwho2000
Drwho hows it going post fix?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to NormanD
said by NormanD:

Still waiting for that direct forums post so I can work on yours as well.
--

drwho2000
Day Dreamer
Premium
Sanford, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
Still can't finish the iCloud update. Both devices will get almost to the end, less than 2 minutes left, then quit with message "Backup did not complete". I'll take them into a apple store and see if they can tell me why it won't work.
--

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to drwho2000
Let me know...

NormanD

I don't know how to do what you ask. ANYWAY.
I called RR and then Netgear (my router co) I do not know what changed but after paying Netgear $130 and just discussing the problem, now it works. I have done so 8 times. Did he do something after I gave the MAC # i can not say but I am working agin. THANKS

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by NormanD:

I don't know how to do what you ask. ANYWAY.
I called RR and then Netgear (my router co) I do not know what changed but after paying Netgear $130 and just discussing the problem, now it works. I have done so 8 times. Did he do something after I gave the MAC # i can not say but I am working agin. THANKS

Holy cow I wished you had told me sooner...to post in our direct forums there is a tab at the top of this forum marked Bright House Direct or go »Bright House Networks Direct keep that for future...anyway glad you have it all worked out but not happy that it was such a pricey fix.
--