rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

Upcoming maintenance

We are adding a second link to Cogeco this week, either Wednesday or Thursday at midnight. We don't anticipate any downtime and will be monitoring the upgrade closely during this time. This will double our connection with them to help keep us ahead of any capacity issues. Once complete we will update this thread to advise it's been completed successfully.

We are also going through the same process with Red in early December and will post more details as available.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium Member
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON

Teddy Boom

Premium Member

said by rocca:

We are adding a second link to Cogeco this week, either Wednesday or Thursday at midnight. We don't anticipate any downtime and will be monitoring the upgrade closely during this time. This will double our connection with them to help keep us ahead of any capacity issues. Once complete we will update this thread to advise it's been completed successfully.

We are also going through the same process with Red in early December and will post more details as available.

So from 10GB to 20GB for each on the hardware side (rather than the soft rate cap on the links)? This is a huge step! I'm sure things will go smoothly, but Big Red in particular has a problematic history on these things... Definitely bears watching closely. Thanks for the update! (and good luck, and congratulations!! )

Totally off topic side note...
In IE8 the postal code entry pop up behaves strangely. If I put a postal code and then click OK, it is fine, but if I hit the enter key it just empties the field and waits for input. For one customer recently even clicking okay caused the cycle. I'm on XP, don't know what OS they were on.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

No, just 1G to 2G.

While we have a 10G physical interface with Rogers they decided to no longer allow us to use it past 1G and are forcing a second physical 1G link. More tariff shenanigans we didn't have time to wait for so we're just complying for now while watching our 10G link go to waste.

Re the postal code on IE8, I'll check it out.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium Member
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON

Teddy Boom

Premium Member

said by rocca:

they decided to no longer allow us to use it past 1G and are forcing a second physical 1G link. More tariff shenanigans we didn't have time to wait for so we're just complying for now while watching our 10G link go to waste.

Ugh.....

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca to Teddy Boom

Premium Member

to Teddy Boom
Works in IE8 now. Thanks!
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to rocca

to rocca
said by rocca:

While we have a 10G physical interface with Rogers they decided to no longer allow us to use it past 1G and are forcing a second physical 1G link.

vonSchroeder
join:2004-11-12
Hamilton, ON

vonSchroeder to rocca

to rocca
said by rocca:

Is that new transit provider you spoke of going to be added as part of this maintenance window or has that been delayed beyond the end of November?

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

It's not part of this window, just working out the final details on that one.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to rocca

Premium Member

to rocca
said by rocca:

No, just 1G to 2G.

While we have a 10G physical interface with Rogers they decided to no longer allow us to use it past 1G and are forcing a second physical 1G link. More tariff shenanigans we didn't have time to wait for so we're just complying for now while watching our 10G link go to waste.

Re the postal code on IE8, I'll check it out.

Wow, how the f**k is that allowed?

And they want large TPIA isp's like TekSavvy & Acanac to move to aggregated...
Guru
join:2008-10-01

Guru

That is indeed straight up bullsyt!

jasmo34
join:2008-03-20
~ London ~

jasmo34

Can that big unused pipeline carry oil?

Man, even the CRTC would have to shake their head in disbelief at this!

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

Upgrade completed as scheduled.

racefan20
join:2002-08-10
Windsor, ON

racefan20 to rocca

to rocca
Does this upgrade have anything to do with the outage we are currently experiencing in Windsor?

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

No, this is an interconnection upgrade. What type of problem are you having in Windsor? Ie, is the modem sync'd up and you're getting an IP? I show all CMTS's in Windsor online.
Guru

Guru

lost sync to the modem for about 1 hour.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

Loss of sync generally means one of two things, either the node/CMTS is being worked on or it's lost power. Since I can ping the CMTS, it likely is at the node level. I'll contact the support team there and see if there is a known issue yet.
Guru

Guru

Channel Frequency Power SNR BER Modulation
1 525.0 MHz 1.3 dBmV 40.1 dB 0.000 % 256 QAM
2 0.0 MHz 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dB 0.0 % None
3 0.0 MHz 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dB 0.0 % None
4 0.0 MHz 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dB 0.0 % None
5 0.0 MHz 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dB 0.0 % None
6 0.0 MHz 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dB 0.0 % None
7 0.0 MHz 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dB 0.0 % None
8 0.0 MHz 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dB 0.0 % None
Return Path:
Channel ID Frequency Power Modulation
1 32.0 MHz 31.0 dBmV 64 QAM
0 0.0 MHz 0.0 dBmV QPSK
0 0.0 MHz 0.0 dBmV QPSK
0 0.0 MHz 0.0 dBmV QPSK

It's up but only 1 on 1 channel!

racefan20
Windsor, ON

racefan20 to rocca

to rocca
I just keep getting connection timed out.

The second LED from the left on the modem (DCM476) is flashing, so does this mean it is not synced?
Guru

Guru

said by racefan20:

I just keep getting connection timed out.

The second LED from the left on the modem (DCM476) is flashing, so does this mean it is not synced?

Edit: yes, not synced! That's what I had.
Guru

Guru

»cogeco.ca/web/on/en/resi ··· =Windsor For reference purpose!

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca to Guru

Premium Member

to Guru
What's the state/progress on the status page?

racefan20
Windsor, ON

racefan20

Seems to be working fine now... Thanks

I just switched over to Start last Thursday, so it's probably just cogeco haunting me LOL.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

Heh, maybe!
Guru

Guru to rocca

to rocca
Operational.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

Good good.
Guru

Guru

But still 1 channel. Doesn't make sense!

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

They are likely working on your node tonight if you're on one channel. If you're still having problems in the morning let me know, I do have a pending inquiry on your account with them though asking if there were issues in the area tonight.

Our upgrade tonight is completely unrelated to anything in the field, ie it was just a second fibre interconnection link brought online between Burlington and Toronto.
Guru

Guru

Woke up and still 1 channel! Haven't reset it or anything but connection is still up though!

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

Can you do a factory reset on the modem? Thanks.
Guru

Guru

Did and back to normal but this time it took 5 minutes to scan the channels. It's fine now though. Thanks!