Premium Member
join:2000-10-11
CT

cowboyro to XXXXXXXXXXX1

Premium Member

to XXXXXXXXXXX1

Re: Electric shaver recommendations?

said by XXXXXXXXXXX1:

A bit off topic, but why not consider going old school and trying a straight razor?

Hair is too thick and hard for blades, makes shaving painful. Every time I had to use blades I ended up with cuts and ingrown hairs...
I have no problem with blades in other areas though.
XXXXXXXXXXX1
Premium Member
join:2006-01-11
Beverly Hills, CA

XXXXXXXXXXX1

Premium Member

I've tried a few electric razors over the years, and I've never liked them.. they've always done a poor job comparatively and my face is always irritated after using one. Right now, I'm using the Gillette Fusion, and it's probably the best safety razor on the market... smooth shave with no razor burn or nicks.

But if you know what you are doing and have the time... there's nothing like a straight razor shave.

Crash Gordon
Zero Tolerance For Stupid
join:2004-06-08
Smyrna, GA

Crash Gordon to cowboyro

to cowboyro
"Hair is too thick and hard for blades, makes shaving painful. Every time I had to use blades I ended up with cuts and ingrown hairs..."

Shave more often and quit going against the "grain" (the opposite direction the hair is growing). Thats what is causing the ingrown hairs.
The last part of that post, I'm not going there. Manscape away. :P

I've tried several electric shavers, NONE ever did as good of a job as a multi-bladed razor did (Gillette Fusion is my current one and has been for several years)

cowboyro
Premium Member
join:2000-10-11
CT

cowboyro

Premium Member

said by Crash Gordon:

Shave more often and quit going against the "grain" (the opposite direction the hair is growing).

Not helping. Again, hair is too thick and hard, even a brand new blade causes pain and simply gets stuck. Gillette Fusion, using them for touch-ups anyway.

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
·Charter

nunya

MVM

Grow a beard . Being part Yeti myself, finding a good razor seems like an impossible task. My wife calls my hair "stalks". Razor blades just make a mess and cause ingrown hairs.
The best electric razor I've met is an older corded Remington Flex-foil type.
2nd best is Norelco Sensa Touch.