uniqs

tallguy11
join:2002-02-08
Lamont, AB
ARRIS TG3482
(Software) pfSense

tallguy11

[TV] Compatiable HPNA Adapter

I was just wondering if anyone can tell me what hpna adapters are compatible with the telus tv boxes... i would like to get rid of actiontec router all together and use my alu and asus n16 router running tomato usb.. this way the smart remote app would work for me. as of right now i am using a switch in between the actiontec and the n16 and the modem.. works great but cant use the new smart remote app
jitterbug
Premium Member
join:2004-08-18
Calgary, AB

jitterbug

Premium Member

A little expensive and hard to find, but they work great for me.
»www.actiontec.com/produc ··· p?pid=81

Other vendors (SMC) sell them as well, and anything with HPNA 3.1 or later support should work fine.

tallguy11
Lamont, AB

tallguy11

thanks!! it will be nice to be rid of this actiontec lol

StarBuck4
join:2011-01-16
Beverly Hills, CA

StarBuck4 to tallguy11

to tallguy11
TPA-311 , Trendnet , not hard to find , 45-50$
I notice faster channel changes with it , as opposed to using the software HPNA bridge in the Actiontec.

AnonTechEDM
@telus.net

AnonTechEDM to tallguy11

Anon

to tallguy11
If you get issues with tomatousb (as I did) give dd-wrt a try I have had no issues with my ttv and inet since moving from tomatousb to dd-wrt. I have the rt-n16 as well and I was having issues with my recordings and Inet speeds. when I had 2 or 3 recordings set my Inet would drop altogether and the video on the recordings was choppy.

tallguy11
Lamont, AB

tallguy11

what version of dd-wrt u running on it?
tallguy11

tallguy11 to AnonTechEDM

to AnonTechEDM
do u have any tips on what settings work best on dd-wrt for telus tv?
tallguy11

tallguy11 to StarBuck4

to StarBuck4
where did u find that adapter for sale...ive been looking online and cant find them

AnonTechEDM
@telus.net

AnonTechEDM to tallguy11

Anon

to tallguy11
SVN revision 19519 mega
you will need to throw this batch of code into the command section and save startup:
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -j MASQUERADE
insmod ebtables
insmod ebtable_filter
insmod ebt_pkttype
ebtables -A FORWARD -o "eth1" --pkttype-type multicast -j DROP
ebtables -A OUTPUT -o "eth1" --pkttype-type multicast -j DROP

under security--> firewall make sure filter multicast and Filter WAN NAT Redirection are NOT checked. after this you should have smooth sailing.

tallguy11
Lamont, AB

tallguy11

thanks gonna give it a try this weekend

StarBuck4
join:2011-01-16
Beverly Hills, CA

StarBuck4 to tallguy11

to tallguy11
mmmh. well yes they seem to be out of stock at the usual places , but ebay have them for 50$. There's currently 2 listings that ship to Canada ( 10 or more available )

tallguy11
Lamont, AB

tallguy11

Well I found one on kijiji for free its a smc home connect... Says it is 3.0 compliant... Hooked it up and it seems to be running fine
tallguy11

tallguy11 to AnonTechEDM

to AnonTechEDM
ok i got it all hooked up is there anyway to keep the telus tv traffic to just the ports that the ttv boxes are on?

AnonTechEDM
@telus.net

AnonTechEDM

Anon

I'm sure there is but beyond my scope.
there might be a way with the iptabless or vlans.
why do you want to filter?

tallguy11
Lamont, AB

tallguy11

only cause it bugs me to see all the ports flashing away lol... i guess i will have to get a switch that has igmp snooping.. another thing added to the christmas list lol
kylez
join:2009-03-26

kylez to tallguy11

to tallguy11
Not to be that guy, but there are forks of Tomato with IGMP snooping and a GUI for Vlans.

I can't recall about IGMP (I'd have to go home and check), but Toastman has Vlan builds available.

»www.4shared.com/dir/v1Bu ··· lds.html