TSI Keith
Premium Member
join:2012-07-09

TSI Keith to fifty99

Premium Member

to fifty99

Re: will there be downtime?

Hello,

As Crowbar mentioned (thank you) the best way to ensure there is no downtime would be to activate the Dry Loop first on the second pair. With that being said, as long as there is at least 5 business days notice (more is preferred in case there are any delays) we can request the Dry Loop activation on the same day that the phone would be cancelled.

As far as Cogeco is concerned, as soon as we know more it will be posted here.

Thank you,
Keith
fifty99
join:2010-03-04
Sarnia, ON

fifty99

thanx for the info ... I will keep it in mind, to call and give lots of notice when I cancel my land line ...

if i do the second hook up to a dryloop to make sure there is no loss of service, is there any additional costs for that route?

Crowbar10
join:2009-06-23
Toronto , ON

Crowbar10

said by fifty99:

if i do the second hook up to a dryloop to make sure there is no loss of service, is there any additional costs for that route?

Depending on which band rate you require there will be an extra charge for the dryloop . But i doubt there will be any charges for setting that up on the second pair . But ... i'd get an 'official' reply on that ...

TSI Keith
Premium Member
join:2012-07-09

TSI Keith to fifty99

Premium Member

to fifty99
Hello again,

When switching from Regular DSL to Dry Loop the charge will be the activation fee ($50.00 for 6Mb, 95.00 for 10+), a 19.99 Dry Loop activation charge, and the monthly bandrate fee all added to your next invoice.

We do not charge any differently for using the second pair, however this would be activating a new service so the fees mentioned above will be charged in advance and so will the first month of the service. Then when it is active and working and you contact us to cancel your regular DSL service any time remaining on that billing cycle for your regular DSL will be credited and you'll see that on your next invoice for the Dry Loop.

Also you may well already be aware of this but it's worth mentioning just in case. You would be responsible for having a jack wired to work with the second pair, the install will not include the internal wiring.

I hope this answers all your questions. If you have more, let us know.

Thank you,
Keith
fifty99
join:2010-03-04
Sarnia, ON

fifty99

maybe i will hold out and hope the cogeco deal comes through in the next couple months ... no sense paying out those fees to cancel for cable, in a couple months