spc
Search similar:

uniqs

fallsgirl
@cgocable.net

fallsgirl

Anon

[INTERNET] Cogeco Internet outages in Niagara Falls

My business is experiencing frequent internet outages over the past 2 weeks. It seems to happen more often in the evening or overnight (24 hour operation). Cogeco tech support has been great, both on phone and in person, but by time they get here, issue has resolved itself. One tech says it could be "noise". What does this mean?
Sometimes everything is lost including phone, sometimes just internet. Outages last from few minutes to many hours. Sometimes unplugging modem works, sometimes not.
I'm not tech saavy. Can anyone give me any ideas? Getting frustrated because whole entire operation grinds to a halt when this happens. Help!

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot

Premium Member

Have you called them when you've experienced one of these outages on a non-cogeco line? Like on your cell phone? Perhaps it would aid diagnostics to talk to them while the problem is being experienced.

fallsgirl
@cgocable.net

fallsgirl

Anon

yup, called them last night as it was happening.

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot

Premium Member

So your stuff was offline when you called and what was the response? Maybe one of the kindly Cogeco reps can get some info from you after you've registered.

fallsgirl
@cgocable.net

fallsgirl

Anon

Phone support did some kind of a test, said he thought the signal was not 100%, since at that time we still had phone. They've been doing a lot of construction outside, but the cable wire is not buried, so I don't know?? However, it spontaneously "fixed" itself at 1 am, so by the time the tech got here everything was fine. He checked the outside line and said everything was okay.
Cisco Modem "online light" was flashing green, now all lights are back to normal. This is also a new modem, replaced that 4 days ago. On the second call, different tech replace splitter. Third call, everything was fine was fine by the time he got there.
Haven't been there since yesterday 1pm so I don't know what's happened since.