Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

Merlin: Season 5 to be the last but spin-offs could happen

Well it looks like BBC’s fantasy drama Merlin will be magically disappearing after season 5 – just when the series was really starting to pick up. Merlin will conclude its epic five year journey this Christmas (in the UK) with a two-part series finale – which the cast promises will leave fans breathless.

[...]

Merlin series 5 is already halfway through in the UK – but won’t debut in the United States until January 4, 2013 on Syfy. Without giving too much away, series 5 of Merlin will see Arthur finally ascending the throne as king, while using the recently assembled Knights of the Round Table to battle his legendary villain Mordred.

[...]

Shine and FremantleMedia Enterprises (which handles Merlin internationally) are in the early stages of developing potential Merlin spinoffs using the universe created in the series – possibly with the further adventures of the Knights of the Round Table. Any future shows or possible TV movies would be produced by Shine’s Kudos in partnership with FME.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

WHAT???!!! NOOOOO!!!!! »/r0/do ··· _ani.gif

Karride
Slower Traffic Keep Right
Premium Member
join:2000-04-17
Germantown, TN

1 recommendation

Karride to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
Ugh, that sucks. Though I must say the whole Morgana-plot-to-screw-Arthur-of-the-week is getting a little tiresome.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

Agreed.

Merlin really f*cked up by telling Arthur not to accept magic and the Old Religion in Camelot, when faced with those prophetesses in the cave. Smh...

They should do an entire season when Arthur knows Merlin has magic, not just do that reveal so close to the end of the show.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

1 recommendation

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

I agree with you on that Alpha Phoenix!!! I'd like to see Merlin admit it finally and openly go from serf to wizard, a few episodes too! As for Arthur wft happened to the exallibur storyline?

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX

1 recommendation

juilinsandar to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
I like this show. I'm gonna miss it. You can't have enough sword and sorcery shows on the air.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
I've watched 5 episodes already.........Morganna is getting bad.

But she is still hot.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
Can't stand Morgana. They just need to kill her in the most horrific way possible now.

Holy sh*t! Did you see the last episode? Tonight they are airing the 2nd part to it. Looks like it's going to be EPIC!!! Too bad it's the series finale though.
Alpha Phoenix

Alpha Phoenix to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
Wow!!! What an ending!

Not sure how I feel about it though. I feel left wanting. I actually wanted to see Merlin in Camelot being known as the most powerful sorcerer ever to walk the earth, and see at least 1 full season with that, or at least half a season. To end it this way just.... left somehow lacking.

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

said by Alpha Phoenix:

Wow!!! What an ending!

Not sure how I feel about it though. I feel left wanting. I actually wanted to see Merlin in Camelot being known as the most powerful sorcerer ever to walk the earth, and see at least 1 full season with that, or at least half a season. To end it this way just.... left somehow lacking.

Same. A very strong ending to a great show. I hope there is a spinoff, with Arthur returning.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

1 recommendation

ZZZZZZZ to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix
I hated the ending!

How can the most powerful Sorcerer beat an army but can't get Arthur to Avalon on time to save him...........too stupid.

It could have been such a better series had Merlin used his powers more instead of just lighting fires and moving objects......blah.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

Agreed. Right form the beginning once he told Arthur he was a sorcerer, I was wondering why he just didn't call the Great Dragon for help.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
I finally finished it I watch serialized TV shows, like a reading a book, from beginning to end in one swoop. I don't have the patience to wait week to week (and on American TV WEEKS if not months between episodes.

For those that haven't watched.....

I'm glad they didn't expend all their energy on the final battle, and spent the final moments (so to speak) of the series with Arthur, on his deathbed, having Merlin finally reveal himself. Arthur was beside himself, but finally coming to realize that magic was not the root of evil as Uther had proclaimed it to be. That Merlin had done it all for King and Country.

With the horses gone, and Arthur all but dead I kept screaming CALL THE DRAGON, CALL THE DRAGON, to get them to Avalon.

The "modern day teaser" was very interesting, though I don't know if I could handle an modern day Merlin as an old man.

Going back a few episodes, it was a nice touch being back Anthony Head as Uther's ghost and him finding out that magic was in Camelot under his nose all the time, nicely done writers.

Did anyone notice that "The Lady of the Lake" was not a ladies hand but a rather one of a man? When Merlin threw Excalibur into the lake.. which answers the question what happened to Excalibur

Could the series have gone on? Good question, but at least they wrapped it up nicely giving closure on the series, as opposed to just cancelling it like so many other worthwhile shows that are on TV these days.
IanR
join:2001-03-22
Fort Mill, SC

IanR to Karride

to Karride
I like the Merlin series. But season 4's obsession with Morgana was.... well boring. Probably a good job the series will end in one year if the writers have run out of innovative scripts. Sadly.