share rss forum feed

Zach1
Premium
join:2006-11-26
NW Minnesota

Honda EU2000i generator recall

Heads up EU2000i owners.....

quote:
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.

Name of Product: Portable Generators

Units: About 150,600

Distributor: American Honda Motor Co. Inc., of Torrance, Calif.

Hazard: The generator’s fuel hose can leak, posing fire and burn hazards.

Incidents/Injuries: Honda is aware of four incidents of fuel leaks. No fires or injuries have been reported.

Description: This recall involves Honda gasoline-powered portable generators with model number EU2000i and serial numbers EAAJ-2260273 through EAAJ-2485025. The generators are black and red in color or have a camouflage design. They measure about 20 inches long by 11 ½ inches wide by 16 ½ inches tall. “Honda,” “EU converter” and the model number 2000i are printed on the side of the generator. “Companion” is printed on the side of some EU2000i models. The serial number is located on the lower right side, rear corner of the generator.

Sold at: Honda Power Equipment dealers, Camping World, Gander Mountain, Grainger, Hertz Rental, John Deere, National Pump & Compressor, Northern Tool, Scheels Sporting, Sportsman’s Warehouse, Sunbelt Rentals, True Value, United Rentals, White Cap and Wholesale Sports store nationwide and online from October 2011 through September 2012 for between $1,150 and $1,400.

Manufactured in: Japan

Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled generators and contact the nearest Honda Power Equipment dealer to schedule a free inspection and repair.

Consumer Contact: American Honda; Phone toll-free (888) 888-3139, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or online at »powerequipment.honda.com and click on “Recalls and Updates” under “Service and Support” for more information.

»www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prht···=recalls
--
Zach

tmh

@comcastbusiness.net

Guess Honda quality isn't what it used to be.

itguy05

join:2005-06-17
Carlisle, PA

said by tmh :

It never was all that great to begin with.... Sightly better than others but never this God-like thing people think.

Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Millenicom

said by itguy05:

said by tmh :

It never was all that great to begin with.... Sightly better than others but never this God-like thing people think.

You're entitled to your personal biased belief but I beg to differ with you. A Honda is a swiss watch compared to the other junk out there.

I guess all those recalls on Toyota vehicles indicates their quality is in the pits using your reasoning.

rjackal
Premium
join:2002-07-09
Plymouth, MI
reply to Zach1

Thanks for the link. My father-in-law has one.

nunya
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
kudos:12
reply to Zach1

Doh! I got one of mine at Sunbelt. Guess I'd better check the S/N tomorrow.
--
If someone refers to herself / himself as a "guru", they probably aren't.

fifty nine

join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ
kudos:2
reply to itguy05

said by itguy05:

said by tmh :

Coulda fooled me. My EU6500iS is better quality than any Generac I've used.

Bamafan2277

join:2008-09-20
Jeffersonville, IN
reply to Zach1

The recall is due to a fuel hose that honda probably didn't make themself. All the Honda generators I have seen have been work horses.

If I had one I would have them fix the hose or fix it myself and keep using it.

jack b
Gone Fishing
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-08
Cape Cod

It's an improperly positioned clamp rubbing on a hose causing the recall, it should be simple enough to correct, or have a Honda dealer perform the repair for free.
--
~Help Find a Cure for Cancer~
~Proud Member of Team Discovery ~

itguy05

join:2005-06-17
Carlisle, PA
reply to Jack_in_VA

said by Jack_in_VA:

You're entitled to your personal biased belief but I beg to differ with you. A Honda is a swiss watch compared to the other junk out there.

I guess all those recalls on Toyota vehicles indicates their quality is in the pits using your reasoning.

Well, if you look at, say JD Powers who does 3 and 5 year dependability you'd see Toyota as a company is still at the top and Honda is pretty much in line with the rest of them. JD Powers actually assigns a problems per hundred vehicles while, say Consumer Reports only gives you a dot.

In fact it's really hard to buy a junker now. Pretty much everyone is OK now, including Chrysler who is at the bottom of JD Powers.

Consumer Reports is extremely biased towards Honda/Toyota and it's no wonder their readers love them. If I buy something that is recommended to me as "the best" of course I'm never going to have an issue with it. And when I do, I'll reassure myself by saying "if this is the best and has these issues, the worst much be so much worse."

Same thing happens with cell providers. Verizon is claimed to be "the best" yet has issues in many places (I have them and had AT&T in the past). AT&T is supposed to be really bad (I had them for a long time and they were fine). Yet the low churn rates of both of them seem to indicate things are not that bad as if AT&T were so bad people would leave for Verizon as the rates are roughly the same for both.

So yeah, Honda is overrated, always has been, always will be.

Jack_in_VA
Premium
North, VA
Reviews:
·Millenicom

1 edit

1 recommendation

said by itguy05:

said by Jack_in_VA:

Well, if you look at, say JD Powers who does 3 and 5 year dependability you'd see Toyota as a company is still at the top and Honda is pretty much in line with the rest of them. JD Powers actually assigns a problems per hundred vehicles while, say Consumer Reports only gives you a dot.

In fact it's really hard to buy a junker now. Pretty much everyone is OK now, including Chrysler who is at the bottom of JD Powers.

Consumer Reports is extremely biased towards Honda/Toyota and it's no wonder their readers love them. If I buy something that is recommended to me as "the best" of course I'm never going to have an issue with it. And when I do, I'll reassure myself by saying "if this is the best and has these issues, the worst much be so much worse."

Same thing happens with cell providers. Verizon is claimed to be "the best" yet has issues in many places (I have them and had AT&T in the past). AT&T is supposed to be really bad (I had them for a long time and they were fine). Yet the low churn rates of both of them seem to indicate things are not that bad as if AT&T were so bad people would leave for Verizon as the rates are roughly the same for both.

So yeah, Honda is overrated, always has been, always will be.

Like I said you are entitled to your "Personal" opinion on Honda.

As for Toyota, My son in law is a service manager for Toyota. He has a different take on what you think about Toyota. They have a service department full every day and now are working late and on Saturdays to keep up.

JD Powers can be bought so their data is always suspect. Since they are a part of McGraw Hill Companies and are a "For Profit" venture one cannot conclude that they can't be swayed by money unlike Consumer Reports.

Jack_in_VA
Premium
North, VA
Reviews:
·Millenicom
reply to jack b

said by jack b:

It's an improperly positioned clamp rubbing on a hose causing the recall, it should be simple enough to correct, or have a Honda dealer perform the repair for free.

Something very simple. Nothing to mar Honda's quality and value.