spc
Search similar:

uniqs
AFO
join:2002-07-05
Brimfield, MA

AFO

[HSI] Connectivity Issues

I seem to have intermittent connectivity issues between my wireless router and the modem.
I have experienced this with two different routers, one with the linksys base software and another running tomato.

At this time, I generally have more problems with the one running tomato. But, I have problems with either router.

The only way to overcome the problem is to disconnect, poweroff and then restart both the modem and the router.

Anyone else have similar problems? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

msmisfit
join:2004-09-13
Atlanta, GA
ARRIS SB6121
Netgear WNDR3800

msmisfit

What router do you have? My old Linksys router had a setting I was unaware of, for a ridiculous period of time to "stay connected"... so I experienced intermittent disconnections. When I found it, I set it for 9999 days and my problem was solved. That was an old WRT54G though. I suspect you have a newer router with different settings.

Absent any useful info, I would just suggest reading all the settings in your router's setup for anything that could be causing a similar issue.

With your router identified, someone may come along and offer some good advice. Good luck...

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958

Premium Member

Yep,
I've seen that issue that msmisfit speaks of on that same model router and have had to do the same thing they did.

Not knowing exactly what model and firmware you're running makes it harder to help though.

Do you have any other electronics between the modem and router or anything electrical near them? Refrigerators, microwaves, cordless phones, etc., are all known to possibly cause issues here.
AFO
join:2002-07-05
Brimfield, MA

AFO

The one that works better is my older t-mobile router (linksys) WRTU54G-TM running stock code, Firmware Version : v1.00.25

The one that seems to have more issues is the newer WRT54GL running tomato.

This sits in the basement. There isnt anything else close by. A printer is the only electronic device within 5 ft of it.

The signal levels that I am seeing on the modem are as follows:

Downstream

Signal to Noise Ratio : 37 dB
Power Level : -2 dBmV

Upstream

Power Level : 37 dBmV
Ranging Status : Success