join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY
·Frontier FiberOp..

Racerbob to awestun

Premium Member

to awestun

Re: [TWC] acivated modem today, but want to go back to twc modem

said by awestun:

i understand all that and have done everything that needs to be done to bring the new modem online (took about 10 mins on the phone). at the time i had both modems online and working on different computers.

the reason that i want to keep/go back to the old twc modem is that i was getting 3 times the speed of the tier. this to me is well worth the $4 modem lease fee.

the newer modems lock you into the EXACT speed of your tier (no extra speed).

Huh ? What speed level are you subscribed to ? You will see exactly the same speed from your new modem that you saw from the TW modem provided that they set up your account properly. My new modem is just as fast as the TW modem was. I have Turbo. We need more specifics here... what speed level are you subscribed to ? What modem did you buy and activate ? etc...
awestun
join:2012-11-26

3 edits

awestun

powerboost...

djrobx
Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

djrobx to Racerbob

Premium Member

to Racerbob
said by Racerbob:

Huh ? What speed level are you subscribed to ? You will see exactly the same speed from your new modem that you saw from the TW modem provided that they set up your account properly. My new modem is just as fast as the TW modem was. I have Turbo. We need more specifics here... what speed level are you subscribed to ? What modem did you buy and activate ? etc...

TWC isn't doing powerboost on DOCSIS 3 modems.

Awestun - you are not getting 30mbps with the TWC modem. You're seeing Powerboost, and it lasts just long enough to confuse a speed test.
awestun
join:2012-11-26

1 edit

awestun

ah yes, DOCSIS 3 modems dont have powerboost. i remember reading about that now.

is this powerboost (DOCSIS 2.0) automatic on standard 10/1 as i dont see it on my bill anywhere?

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

Its a free add on.

Hob