spc
uniqs
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc

Re: C'mon TekSavvy - Bring back your POTS offering

What You need to do is Come up with a workaround, Port the Number to tektalk, THen Port it back to the landline p:) Thus Your not Porting from a bell landline to a teksavvy landline. Aka Loophole!

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

we dont endorse that.
videonerd
join:2007-01-21

videonerd to morisato

to morisato
It's not a loophole, you just uh, didn't like the VoIP service. yeah.
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning to morisato

to morisato
said by morisato:

What You need to do is Come up with a workaround, Port the Number to tektalk, THen Port it back to the landline p:) Thus Your not Porting from a bell landline to a teksavvy landline. Aka Loophole!

That actually won't work. If the number is a native Bell number, it doesn't matter where it is coming from (Cable, VoIP, etc.), it still counts against the wholesale customer's maximums. Presumably, this is because Bell is too lazy to get their programmers to sift out the most recent carrier a number was ported from, rather than the original number owner.

Since the Wholesale POTS product is not tariffed, Bell can impose whatever commercial terms the wholesale customer agrees to - as unreasonable as they may be.
braveneworld
join:2012-12-16
Etobicoke, ON

braveneworld

Marc/TSI -- I'd really love to port over both my landline and DSL business from Bell. Happy to use a waiting list, or the "handball" method. Suggestions for triggering either option would be gratefully received.

TSI Keith
Premium Member
join:2012-07-09

TSI Keith

Premium Member

Hello,

At the moment there is no further word on this but I will ask around tomorrow and see if there might be any ETA or possible options (such as a waiting list)

In the meantime you mention phone and DSL. You're going to want to move the DSL service first (and could do so now if you'd like) to avoid any downtime. Before the stop sell on phone if we were to port a number over and order DSL at the same time the DSL would be delayed by approximately 5 business days. However if the DSL was brought over first, then the phone could be ported which shouldn't have any downtime.

Thank you,
Keith

cognizantt6
join:2009-06-13
Montreal, QC

cognizantt6

guspaz, that gave me the best laugh i've had this week. thank you.

Savant
Premium Member
join:2001-08-12
Toronto

Savant to TSI Keith

Premium Member

to TSI Keith
So how old will I be before the POTS offering comes back? How about allowing current customers an inside track? The limits can't be so tight that you can't set a monthly quota. Heck, even if you have to have reps make notes and post it on a whiteboard at the end of the day it would be better than nothing. This is lost revenue, I'm surprised you guys haven't figured out a solution yet.

TSI Keith
Premium Member
join:2012-07-09

TSI Keith

Premium Member

I've asked around for any further possible update this morning. What I've been advised is that we haven’t forgotten about this services and we are still putting things together to bring back this service to some capacity.

As soon as we have further update we'll let you guys know here.