Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

gatownsend

join:2003-04-26
Westlake, OH
reply to AlexE4

Re: UltraTV "Video processor reset detected"

I haven't experienced this problem. I just logged into my Gateway and checked the log. The were only two entries there: one from was from 11/22 when I had to reboot everything after the power went out and it was flaky when the power came back on and one from today that had to do with a denial by the firewall. The only thing you can probably try on your own is resetting everything yourself. When they did my install, they told me if I ever had to reset it to unplug each media player, and then use the reset button on the back to reset the gateway. They said wait several minutes for the gateway to reboot before plugging in the players and do them one at a time. I have only had to do that once, but it did improve things when I was having problems after the power outage I mentioned above.

~Gary

AlexE4

join:2006-12-16
Park Ridge, IL
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
I've tried that with everything so far, because like you stated, it's pretty much all you can do on your own, but thanks for the input! For reference, those logs I posted are from the built in arris modem page, »192.168.100.1 instead of the gateway admin page... which pretty much has useless.. non informing logs as far as I've noticed.

gatownsend

join:2003-04-26
Westlake, OH
said by AlexE4:

I've tried that with everything so far, because like you stated, it's pretty much all you can do on your own, but thanks for the input! For reference, those logs I posted are from the built in arris modem page, »192.168.100.1 instead of the gateway admin page... which pretty much has useless.. non informing logs as far as I've noticed.

Thanks for the info. I was not aware (or had forgotten) that page exists. I went into mine to have a peek. As of right now, mine has events from 11/13 through 11/30. From 11/13 to 11/14 there are multiple time sync errors (all of them happened over about a 3 hour period starting just before midnight). I have the first and third errors you listed in the first post, but not the second one "cannot forward 2-way traffic". Also, the video processor reset only shows up 3 times, and I believe one of them was when the power was shut off for some construction, the second was a power outage and the third was me resetting the thing to straighten it out after the power outage (none of the media players would connect).

Probably not much help, but I figured I'd put it out here since I looked. Have you gotten it resolved yet? If not, I'd call and have a tech come out. Maybe there's something wrong with the gateway.

Good luck,

Gary