Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

lukerjensen

join:2012-11-26
Cary, NC

[TWC] Constant Internet interruptions in Cary, NC

Hey guys,

For the past six months I've been dealing with constant internet interruptions when playing games. This also occurs when just using Skype or other programs but it is most noticeable/annoying when playing games.

Basically, my internet will stop functioning for 5-10 seconds at a time and then come back. It usually happens anywhere from 5-10 times in an hour. Obviously this isn't a huge deal when just browsing the internet but it's awful when trying to play multiplayer games that require an internet connection.

We have tried both replacing the modem and replacing the router. My friend up the street also has the exact same problem as me which strongly suggests its on Time Warner's end.

Any suggestions on how to fix my problem/actually contact someone competent within TWC support?? (wont get my hopes up for the last one)

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:11

"Any suggestions on how to fix my problem/actually contact someone competent within TWC support?? (wont get my hopes up for the last one)"

What do the lights on the modem do at those times?
Does it lose sync?

Hob
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

lukerjensen

Cary, NC

Not sure - I'll check and get back to you

ksas

join:2010-10-19
Winston Salem, NC
reply to lukerjensen

I'm in Winston and have had the same issue's for around 8 months I have replaced everything and had them out here over 6 times and nothing is done to fix it.

timothyhohar

join:2004-03-20
Buffalo, NY
reply to lukerjensen

Had the same thing happen in Apex. What kind of cable Modem do you have? I noticed on old CM (Older Motorola) that the RF channels were switching and I was able to match up the time that was happening to the drops. It was happening multiple times per day. It was fixed by swapping it out for a new CM.

lukerjensen

Cary, NC
reply to lukerjensen

I didn't notice any change in the lights on the modem but its hard to replicate it and look at the modem at the same time, so I might have missed it.

And to the above people - I have a new modem installed a few weeks ago since I thought that might be the issue.

lukerjensen

Cary, NC
reply to hobgoblin

I actually just tested it again - The lights definitely going out exactly when the lag spike hits.