Anon

to n1581j

Re: OK Exede

another day, same problem,

wm4bama
join:2012-05-10
Goodwater, AL

wm4bama

If you upgraded from the older WB service (Legacy) you more than likely have the old WB Optimizer installed, which places a proxy server in your internet settings.

Check, and if you do, uninstall it...then check all browsers you use to verify you don't have any proxy server enabled..also, from your control panel, open Internet Options/Connections/LAN Settings and make sure NO options are checked, including the "Auto Detect"...no options should be enabled there.

Also, make sure you're not using any 3rd party DNS server IP's, all devices are configured to use DHCP and TCP/IP, and no IPv6.

n1581j
@184.63.60.x

n1581j

Anon

Thanks, attempted all that. Appreciate the input.

Starting from scratch.

09:15am 11/27/2012 Installer came out, climbed on roof and disconnected 2 cables from Wildblue dish, removed dish, replaced with Exede dish. Came in house, removed old WildBlue Modem, replaced with Exede Modem, reconnected 1 of the 2 cables he had previously disconnected. Used his system to acquire signal for dish optimization, got back on roof and re-aligned. It worked fine. Good speed. Sites accessed worked fine. Shut down

11:30am 11/27/2012 Reconnected, accessed facebook.com to check a users tel. no and address. Shut down. NO PROBLEM

16:40pm. Attempted to access facebook. No connection - timed out. attempted to access www.my.yahoo.com, to send email instead - timed out. This happened multiple times using different browsers, always the same sites would time out. Scanned for virus, nothing.

19:45pm. Tried again, same problem. Rang support. We tried numerous things, nothing worked, we, at supports suggestion, tried a different computer, a laptop, the wife's, same problem, some sites would allow a connection every time, others were hit and miss, one minute you could get into a site, unload, then re attempt and this time it would fail. I then lost my phone link with support, trying to re-establish was a long wait so I figured I would wait till most were in bed.

0:30am 11/27/2012. To prove to myself there was nothing on the PC that could interfere with my connection I had in the meantime, removed all hard drives, got a new one out of the box, formatted the drive and installed a brand new virgin copy of Windows 7. Tried connecting to those same sites, same problems. Rang support again, tried everything they suggested, they checked modem connection from their end, but sites were still not loading, facebook.com, my.yahoo.com, both those never connected, dslreports, speedtest, some of the time, not all. Finally the girl on support suggested she try on her laptop to connect to facebook, which failed as well so we put it down to "cyber Monday blues"

08:30am to 12:25pm 11/27/2012. Same problem exists, cannot connect to www.my.yahoo.com, can connect via www.yahoo.com, cannot connect to facebook.com. Can connect to Exede.com, can't connect to Wildblue.net. Tried using Explorer, Firefox, Google or Rockmelt. Logged on as different user, same problem exists. All time out's. It's kinda selective. I'm going to reinstall and try again, I'll follow up with support but in the meantime it's got me beat. Any suggestions, no, I've already had the one about throwing it away and using directory inquires and the phone.
n1581j

n1581j

Anon

Sorry,

First 2 date time references were 11/26 not 11/27

last hour reinstalled windows 7 from scratch. again still same problem. about to call it quits and go verizon

wm4bama
Goodwater, AL

wm4bama

As a last resort, if you have a friend with a laptop (and different OS), have him drop by and try your internet connection wired directly to your modem..

n1581j
@184.21.15.x

n1581j

Anon

it's Exede.

After spending over 3 hours, not all at once, waiting to be connected to support on 3 different occasions It blew my mind when I looked at my phone log. I finally got what I think is the truth. It's a dns problem, which I already knew, in specific to any site requiring a sign-in or password access, which again I already knew. Changing your dns server does not help. you are still going through Exede. Flushing dns does not help, for the same reasons

I did manage to get into my email once in the last 4 days since installation, earlier this evening, now it's after midnite and failed again. It's month end, banking is out of the question, those wanting bills paid will have to wait, likewise purchases. One interesting email was from Exede support asking me to call once again, I think after 3 hours spent waiting to get a solution, it's a bit much. They were supposed to call me on Wednesday after supposedly escalating the problem. I waited 21/2 hours after the expected promised call time then spent another 50 minutes waiting to get connected. Interestingly enough they said my support calls are free for the first 90 days. At the moment it's not what I would call support, it's more of a question of where is my working system

They say it's a software problem? they are dealing with and hope to have corrected soon (48 hrs), my question is, why isn't it effecting everyone.

Today I received the box to send back the wb modem and adapter etc, nothing for the dish yet. I'm hesitant to send it, maybe it should be the Exede that goes back, at least I knew I had something that would allow me access to my accounts.

Now, my wife says "you get more success with honey, than you do with vinegar", she know's me to well. So I'm being patient, staying calm. I'm stuck here for the next month or so, so I would like a working system. I can't understand why a whole bunch of us aren't having this problem or are we?

wm4bama
Goodwater, AL

wm4bama

They don't want the Dish back..you can keep it...make bird feeder out of it...☺

They only want the modem/power cord and the Tria..
DrStrangLov
join:2012-03-28

DrStrangLov to n1581j

to n1581j
said by n1581j :

Changing your dns server does not help

Correct...leave those internet settings alone in router/OS.

Try Opera: »www.opera.com/

and turn on Turbo Mode: »www.addictivetips.com/in ··· able-it/

n1581j
@184.21.15.x

n1581j

Anon

Thanks for the idea.

Downloading Opera makes, no difference. Still using the same dns servers.

I did download it, tried to run it on my problem "login/password" access sites. Failed miserably the same as Google/Explorer/Firefox example result below using Opera. I did Turbo mode it as well.

"Could not connect to remote server

You tried to access the address »login.yahoo.com/config/l ··· %3f_bc=1, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page".

You can see the result above.

Same for my other "secure" sites.

When browsing any site where no secure access is required, no problem it will work. It's only when you decide to make a purchase for example, any attempt to go the the shopping cart causes it falls over again. Its like SSL and TLS are not enabled yet they are

Bearing in mind, I never had a problem in WB Legacy, the changeover to Exede was just a modem and dish swap. System startup and go to local weather to prove it worked. No changes were made. It did let me use my secure sites until I switched off.

On restart later is when the problems started. No Virus/malware nor any other software exists, a clean virgin install on another computer made no difference, neither did changing Operating System. 4 different systems non connected, 3 desktops, 1 laptop, 3 different OS, and now 4 Browsers have been tried with the same results. No router in the equation. Just modem to NIC.

I'm still being patient, staying cool
DrStrangLov

DrStrangLov

said by n1581j :

Downloading Opera makes, no difference. Still using the same dns servers.

....turn on Turbo Mode: »www.addictivetips.com/in ··· able-it/

n1581j
@184.21.15.x

n1581j

Anon

It's on. Makes no difference

cyberwiz1994
@myvzw.com

cyberwiz1994

Anon

Same DNS problem here.. no connection even after all troubleshooting steps. This is a joke... been going on for a few days now. I live in Ohio, and have Exede.

Ohioblue
@mycingular.net

Ohioblue

Anon

Also in ohio same issue. Just started yesterday. Noticed first just logging into facebook. Youtube or any site like that is great.
DrStrangLov

DrStrangLov to n1581j

to n1581j
Shutdown all computers (and devices feeding off router), then shut down router, wait several minutes, then shut down SB2 modem, and wait several minutes.

Power up SB2 modem, and wait until all three lights are solid, not blinking, then power up router. When fourth light is lit solid, then power up your other devices (computer, laptop, etc).

n1581J
@184.21.15.x

n1581J

Anon

NO Router involved, that was the first thing I removed from the equation. It shouldn't matter though because all routers are basically built to the same set of specifications, it shouldn't matter if one is from D-link, another from TP-Link and so on. Some can do more but it's the same set of international specs to which manufacturers comply. Lets face it, there are only a couple of comms chip manufacturers they all use.

Funny thing happened when I walked away from the mailbox last evening. Amongst the post was a postcard from Wildblue saying my credit card has just about expired, which it did at midnight last night, and would I like to go the the www.wildblue.com/myaccount to input the new details. Now here's the laugh and I do say laugh. "I have been trying or should I say attempting", to go into the Wildblue site and ALL the others at which I have accounts to update ever since I got the new card last monday 11/26/2012. "ALL" are secure sites and "ALL" fall over as did "www.wildblue/myaccount". Opera did provide a nice track report, lengthy, but in the end the problem was the remote server failing to respond which in this case was Wildblue. If one site should work, I would of expected this to be it. See what I mean about laugh!

I am still smiling, my other half has lost hers.

n1581j
@184.21.15.x

n1581j to Ohioblue

Anon

to Ohioblue
Just another thought which raises a question.

"I was doing a Google search of; "dns problems at Exede". Google search's being non-secure, work!

I found one post referenced and clicked on it to see more information. It took me to Wildblue's own forum. Didn't even know they had one. Never went to the WB site in over 3 years.

Anyway, thats not the point. What is, is a message popped up saying my IP address was "denied" access to this site. Not me, my IP address because being a regstered user with a login and password to Wildblue I should be able to login. In this case it wouldn't let me login nor get past "my IP is denied", before falling over. Is this a clue to the problem I ask myself
DrStrangLov

DrStrangLov

said by n1581j :

wouldn't let me login nor get past "my IP is denied"

If using a program like Opera in Turbo mode, there's a good chance Wildblue's site, like many other web sites (forums, etc) have locked down Opera's IP addresses.

Can you list ten sites that can not be accessed? Full URL, pls!

Is it consistent, always happening?

eyenthesky
@ptd.net

eyenthesky

Anon

I'm in NE PA...same problem here. Cannot load secure sites- gmail, yahoo mail, netflix, etc. Once it's https, it times out.
DrStrangLov

DrStrangLov

said by eyenthesky :

Once it's https, it times out

I heard recently, if using Windows, to open up your Network Connection box. Then when server not found message happens...Click on "Disable this network device." Then wait about 5 seconds, and click on "Enable this network device". And try again.

I've never heard of "https" only events, as in all of them don't come up.

Did you try Opera in Turbo mode?
DrStrangLov

DrStrangLov to eyenthesky

to eyenthesky
said by eyenthesky :

secure sites- gmail, yahoo mail, netflix, etc. Once it's https, it times out.

From another post, dump all of your cookies; my browser is configured to dump them all, including LSOs, when closed.

n1581j
@184.20.38.x

n1581j

Anon

I have cleared/deleted/disallowed cookies multiple times daily

A virgin build also, never having connected previously doesn't have cookies either 1st or 3rd party.

I did this early am about 4.03am exactly manage to get to the Wildblue forum, again it wouldn't allow me to do anything except read, no login, no post.
DrStrangLov

DrStrangLov

said by n1581j :

I have cleared/deleted/disallowed cookies multiple times daily

1. All Check Marks Green Here: »192.168.100.1

2. Windows Seven in DOS box:

a. ipconfig /flushdns

b. Try a site that does not work

c. If site does not come up, use this command:

ipconfig /displaydns

Can you copy/paste results here? Upper left corner, click on it, go to Edit---Select All---Enter Key...then paste in notepad.
Expand your moderator at work