Bengals at Chargers, 4:15 p.m. ET
Eagles at Cowboys, 8:20 p.m. ET

Monday, Dec. 3
Giants at Redskins, 8:30 p.m. ET

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

Ravens beat the Steelers to take a stranglehold in the AFC North.
My big upset Washington over the Giants.

The most interesting game should be the Bucs at Denver.
"The Bears have yet to secure a signature victory. Green Bay, Houston and San Francisco combined to outscore Chicago 68-23. Don’t be surprised if the road-weak Seahawks upset the Bears at Soldier Field."

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
reply to Moorecards

Panther's vs. Chiefs is a battle for last place! That game should just be blacked out since neither team's fans want to watch that game.

capdjq
Premium
Vancouver

said by Draiman:

Panther's vs. Chiefs is a battle for last place! That game should just be blacked out since neither team's fans want to watch that game.

Chiefs players catch flak for Manning awe
»www.nationalfootballpost.com/Chi···hp_t2_a7
................................................................................................
A couple of Kansas City Chiefs players have come under some criticism for their postgame admiration of Denver Broncos QB Peyton
Manning.

In its postgame report, KCTV-5 in Kansas City showed running back Jamaal Charles asking Manning for an autograph as the Broncos quarterback made his way out of the stadium to the team bus. Charles told the TV station the autograph was for his mother.

Receiver Dwayne Bowe had his picture taken with Manning and told the station, "It's Peyton Manning. Who wouldn't their picture taken with him?"

While it is a show of the respect opposing players have for Manning, some Chiefs fans and media, including the TV station's analysts took issue with the KC players being so awestruck and chummy moments after falling to 1-10 on the season.
--
Why is the time of Day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

I remember Warren Sapp and Brett Favre used to tell each other jokes during games. It didn't stop Sapp from laying Favre out when he got the chance, nor did it stop Favre from hanging another TD on Sapp's D when he got the chance.

I don't have a problem with the Chiefs players doing things like that after a game, as long as they didn't hold back during the game.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Emerging Research
join:2000-08-06
DSotM
kudos:2

1 recommendation

This BS of fans getting upset over the players being chummy with players on other teams is for the birds.

Just as in the business world, one does not necessarily need to be (nor should be) acrimonious to their competitors. You never know when you may end up on the same team or at the same company, sharing a common goal.

Sure, there will always be some true hatred among some players from different teams, just as any person may have valid reasons to not be friendly with someone else that they may have crossed paths with at some point in time. But unless you are a truly despicable person, chances are that you get along with more people than you do not.
--
Shine on you crazy diamond...

Edge1
But these go to 11.
Premium
join:2006-03-01
USA
Reviews:
·Comcast

2 edits

Totally agree. Listened to Greenberg on ESPN (on this topic) and for a guy that graduated from Northwestern he can be pretty stupid. The simple fact is there is a fan's perspective and then there's an actual player's perspective. Terrell Suggs aside I don't think there's many Ravens that HATE the Steelers. But its far different for the fans, because they do not have anything to balance out their irrationality. These guys share a job on the field, but also have a sense of brotherhood or kinship. A fan's perspective is not that of a player, and its pretty myopic and egocentric of a fan to assume its the same thing.

rockotman
Emerging Research
DSotM

I suspect the Suggs act is just that; an act for the benefit of the fans.

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by rockotman:

I suspect the Suggs act is just that; an act for the benefit of the fans.

No one likes his BS so it makes no sense to feed that BS. It's a cry for attention since the man is self centered as hell. He doesn't care if it's good or bad he just craves attention.
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

capdjq
Premium
Vancouver

I hear Ndamukong Suh is a great guy off the field. Even Matt Schaub says so.

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

Suh is the meanest player in the NFL stop with this nice talk.

We are the meanest team in the NFL. We have an image to protect you know. I want more QB rampage.

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by f0rtys3ven:

Suh is the meanest player in the NFL stop with this nice talk.

We are the meanest team in the NFL. We have an image to protect you know. I want more QB rampage.

The stats back you up on that! The Lion's are #1 with the most arrests for the 2012 NFL season.
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

Haha!

We can't do anything else but getting arrested we are pro at. Soooo funny.

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by f0rtys3ven:

Haha!

We can't do anything else but getting arrested we are pro at. Soooo funny.

I was predicting the Lion's win the SB before the season started based on that stat. The Saint's won the SB when they lead the NFL in arrests so it was a good theory but I don't see it happening now.
--

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

Lets chalk this one up to sir Madden and see how next season goes.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Moorecards

said by Moorecards:

Sunday, Dec. 2
Cardinals at Jets, 1 p.m. ET

Monday, Dec. 3
Giants at Redskins, 8:30 p.m. ET

Cardinals at Jets: a game the Jets can win? I hope so, because I'm really tired of watching them lose and make fools of themselves in the process.

Giants at Redskins: probably the easiest game left on the Giants schedule until the last week (at Eagles) so they need to shut RGIII down and get closer to locking up the NFC East.
Also it would be nice if the Eagles can beat the Cowboys and make things easier.
Go Eagles!
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

capdjq
Premium
Vancouver
reply to Moorecards

Anybody watch the Saints at falcons? Even with the 5 turnovers, by Brees, the Falcons do not impress me. The score was 23-13 but the Saints could have come closer.
I can't see the Falcons advancing past the Giants, Packers, SF and, maybe, even the overrated Bears.

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Moorecards

Yea the Falcon's are just getting all the lucky breaks like winning when Ryan throws 5 INT's. They aren't a bad team but they are middle of the pack. I can't see their luck holding out much longer either.
--

Draiman

Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Moorecards

Big Ben has been ruled out for Ravens game. I'm sure they'll set the spread now.
»www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000···g-sunday
--

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to Draiman

I have no faith in the Falcons playing in the Super Bowl.

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
reply to Rook008

said by Rook008:

Giants at Redskins: probably the easiest game left on the Giants schedule until the last week (at Eagles) so they need to shut RGIII down and get closer to locking up the NFC East.

That's easily the biggest game the Redskins have played since the games during the 2007 season after Sean Taylor was murdered.
--
my pants are parched and thirsty

capdjq
Premium
Vancouver

With the NFC East in a shambles this is Washington's best year to get to the play offs. A win will enable them to gain ground on the Giants, who have a tough remaining schedule.

The Cowboys are still a big draw, despite their record over the years. Why are they playing the hapless Eagles in Primetime? Even I'm attracted by a train wreck. I guess I'll watch just to see how Foles plays (thus far he's been underwhelming) and/or watch the Cowboys blow another game.

I remember the days I used to look forward to watching the Eagles play.
--
Why is the time of Day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?

Moorecards

join:2001-10-19
Martinsburg, WV
reply to fatness

this was a reply to Ftness about the Redskins game .. didn't do it as a quote

Will be there for the game .. before I moved, used to live 4 miles from stadium went to every game.. but now just make 2-3 a year ...

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14

Do you have a DSLR hat or something? I want to recognize you when you're on camera.
--
my pants are parched and thirsty

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit
reply to Moorecards

Sanchez gets my vote for ugliest QB performance of the week. It's only the second quarter and he's thrown 3 Interceptions already.

And Sanchez gets benched, McElroy leads the Jets to a win.
Yes, the Jets won. The end is near.

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

said by Rook008:

Sanchez gets my vote for ugliest QB performance of the week. It's only the second quarter and he's thrown 3 Interceptions already.

And Sanchez gets benched, McElroy leads the Jets to a win.
Yes, the Jets won. The end is near.

And Tebow still sits.

That organization is a disaster.
--
I'm a man, but I can change. If I have to. I guess.

»shaner38.blogspot.com/

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable

Yeah, Tebow should have seen some play time earlier in the season (when the Jets were getting blown out) but he was injured for today's game.
Even if he was healthy, I doubt they would have put Tebow in.
The Jets are a disaster.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

rockotman
Emerging Research
DSotM
reply to Moorecards

Question on the Rice touchdown that apparently wins in for the Seahawks in OT...

Why is it a still a TD if he did not maintain position throughout the catch all the way to the ground? If he was in the end zone when he catches it and comes down then gets his clock cleaned and the ball comes out, it would not be a touchdown. Inquiring minds want to know.
--
Shine on you crazy diamond...

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to fatness

said by fatness:

Do you have a DSLR hat or something? I want to recognize you when you're on camera.

The DSLR hat:

--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable
reply to rockotman

I'm assuming that since he caught the ball outside of the endzone, then ran into the endzone, they considered it a completed catch, then he broke the plane of the endzone, which ends the play with the TD.
--