sailor
Premium
join:2003-10-21
Long Island
kudos:6

1 recommendation

reply to Rook008
said by Rook008:

Sanchez gets my vote for ugliest QB performance of the week. It's only the second quarter and he's thrown 3 Interceptions already.

Hey take it easy on him Rook...just got to give him a couple of more seasons to develop.

_____

The quarterback switch came during the middle of one of the ugliest offensive games you’ll ever see. Both teams traded punts and turnovers in the first half with quarterback play that would make Don Coryell cry. Sanchez threw three interceptions in the first half, including one on the first play of the game. Cardinals rookie Ryan Lindley could barely complete a pass.

Ryan watched Sanchez struggle through three series in the third quarter. With the Jets trailing 3-0, Ryan finally gave offensive coordinator Tony Sparano the order to make the switch after Arizona defensive end Ronald Talley batted down Sanchez’s third-down pass.

Sparano told Sanchez, who sought out Ryan on the sideline to find out if it was really true. Sanchez then put his helmet down, threw on a baseball cap and grabbed the clipboard. McElroy began to throw behind the Jets bench, drawing the loudest cheer of the day from a MetLife Stadium crowd that showered Sanchez with boos.

“Of course you want to be in the game,” Sanchez said. “I’ve been in a situation like that before. It was a learning experience. We’ll move on and do exactly what Greg does for me and that’s support him, chart the plays, give him my insight from the sideline and do my best to help us win, whether you’re on the field or off.”

»www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/aft ··· i78OKYNO

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
I'm just glad they took him out before he threw any more INT's.

Caddyroger
Premium
join:2001-06-11
To the west
reply to Moorecards
Are you talking about the Baltimore ravens when you say ratbirds?
--
Caddy

Edge1
But these go to 11.
Premium
join:2006-03-01
USA

1 recommendation

Another 3 pointer, decided in the last minute. Unbelievable. Congrats to the Steelers who certainly were the better team today.

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Emerging Research
join:2000-08-06
DSotM
kudos:2

1 recommendation

Wouldn't have it any other way...

That is 8 out of the last 12 games between the two teams being decided by 3 points. 9 of the last 12 by 4 points or less.

Great rivalry... see ya'll in January.
--
Shine on you crazy diamond...

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

1 recommendation

said by rockotman:

Wouldn't have it any other way...

Great rivalry... see ya'll in January.

Hoping for a meeting in the playoff with both teams healthy. The ground will shake.
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to Moorecards
Eagles lose again. Losing streak now at 8 games. Bye bye Reid.

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
reply to Moorecards
The Philly QB sure held his arm for a bit after he got the hit that caused that fumble a couple of minutes ago.

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI
reply to shaner
O god.

That play.

Yea dance with the ball before putting it down.

No dance = no touchdown. Can't just put the ball down. YOU MUST DANCE!

Its a couching change kinda year in D town. I just hope they let the meanie d line stick around for another season.

Moorecards

join:2001-10-19
Martinsburg, WV
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to Moorecards
Click for full size
said by fatness:

Do you have a DSLR hat or something? I want to recognize you when you're on camera.

this is my hat for tonights game !!!!

1st row 20 yard line Redskins side upper deck !!!!

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
said by Moorecards:

said by fatness:

Do you have a DSLR hat or something? I want to recognize you when you're on camera.

That's great. Did you have it custom made in Redskin colors just for tonight?
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

Moorecards

join:2001-10-19
Martinsburg, WV
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon Online DSL
said by Draiman:

said by Moorecards:

said by fatness:

That's great. Did you have it custom made in Redskin colors just for tonight?

No back in 2005 after we beat the Giants at home, someone was selling them in the parking lot for $5.00 each and it is a comfortable hat

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
reply to Moorecards
Good deal for a hat. I would have bought one for $5 too.

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium
join:2001-11-29
Trenton, NJ
reply to Moorecards
Eagles continue to prove they are the worst team in the NFL. longest active losing streak with now 8 straight loses. Seriously, this team may not win another game this year

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI
At least it wasnt a full 16. The "streak" was acuatlly like 19 games long.

I've never wanted a win more in the last week of the season. I've never wanted to be 1-15. Though it was easier to lose before we had a wickedly twisted taste of success.
--
O you want me to watch my mouth. How. Take my fucking eye balls out and turn them around. Look. I'll burn your fucking house down circle around and hit the hydrant so you can't put your burning furniture out.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
reply to Moorecards
I'll admit, that's funny.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Moorecards
This link seems to pop up every season around this time.
Playoff scenario generator: »sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscen ··· nningPct

The Jets are technically still in it!
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Caddyroger
Premium
join:2001-06-11
To the west
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to Moorecards
Looks like Foles is going to be the Eagles QB the rest of the year even if Vick is able to play. In my opinion Foles did not play bad last night.

»espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/87054 ··· t-season

Nick Foles will start at quarterback for the remainder of the season, Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid announced Monday.

Foles Getting Lucky?

Nick Foles hasn't had a turnover in two straight games, something Michael Vick hasn't done since Weeks 9 and 10 in 2010. But Foles is tied for second in the NFL with 4 interceptions dropped by defenders. If all of those passes were intercepted, he'd have an interception percentage of 5.5, which would easily lead the NFL (minimum 35 attempts).
QB INT dropped Att.
Andrew Luck 6 503
Nick Foles 4 133
Tony Romo 4 483
Christian Ponder 4 384
Matt Hasselbeck 4 221
Mark Sanchez 4 371
Brandon Weeden 4 433
-- ESPN Stats & Information

Foles has started in place of Michael Vick, who has been out with a concussion, for the past three weeks. Reid said Vick is in Stage 4 of the NFL's five-stage concussion protocol system and is showing signs of improvement.

But Reid made it clear that Foles will start even when Vick is cleared to return. He said he has discussed his decision with Vick.

"He was very positive about it. He completely understood. He was on board with it," he said.

Foles was 22-of-34 for 251 yards and one touchdown in Sunday's loss to the Cowboys. He has thrown for 793 yards, two touchdowns and three interceptions and has a passer rating of 73.3. Vick struggled this season, committing 14 turnovers in nine games.

Reid also gave an update on running back LeSean McCoy, who has missed the past two games with a concussion. The Eagles' starter is in Stage 3 of the concussion program, he said.

McCoy's replacement has excelled in his place, although Philadelphia's slide has continued.

The Eagles lost their eighth straight game Sunday despite 169 yards rushing and two touchdowns from Bryce Brown. Last week he set a team rookie record with 178 yards on the ground.
--
Caddy

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to Eagles LoveR
IDK about the worst team. Eagles have some talent the issue is at the helm.

Jets vs. Eagles who wins?!?!?!

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
kudos:1
said by I AM:

Jets vs. Eagles who wins?!?!?!

Sad.
Most actively discussed teams here.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
lol

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
reply to Moorecards
said by Moorecards:

No back in 2005 after we beat the Giants at home, someone was selling them in the parking lot for $5.00 each and it is a comfortable hat

That's the only Redskin home game I've ever attended. A family member got some free tickets from work that were awesome, about 20 rows up near the 40 yard line or so. When I looked up behind me there were Sonny and Sam in the booth.

Remember the play during that game when the ball was thrown to Shockey and Lemar Marshall intercepted it at Shockey's knees? Shockey was turned around waving his arms at the ref yelling about pass interference, and had no clue at all that Marshall was headed downfield with the ball. I think Portis threw a TD pass right after that.

quote:
Worst Effort: On a second-and-six pass from his 42, Giants quarterback Eli Manning threw behind tight end Jeremy Shockey on a short buttonhook and was intercepted by Lemar Marshall. As soon as the ball landed in Marshall's hands, Shockey turned to argue with officials for a pass interference call, while Marshall returned it 27 yards to set up the Redskins' third touchdown.
»www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ··· 854.html

Here are some game highlights: »www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/ ··· h/21166/

I had a great time, lost my voice part way through the first quarter. That was the drunkest group of people I've ever been around in my life.

I'll watch for your hat. If you show up on TV I have a direct line to Shanahan and he'll throw a challenge flag immediately, so they show a replay of you over and over.

rockotman
Emerging Research
DSotM
reply to Rook008
said by Rook008:

Go Ravens!

Oh, yeah. I forgot.

Go Redskins!
--
Shine on you crazy diamond...

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
I assume you're also attempting to put the whammy on the team you're "rooting" for?

That's how it worked out for me
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

rockotman
Emerging Research
DSotM
Butt of kourse!

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Crap, it didn't work.

NFC East is tight all of a sudden.

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
kudos:1
reply to Moorecards
Re: MNF

Dear Sirs,

As an observer from z-New England, it was the best game I've fallen asleep to due to a big meal and wine this season (Leg o' Lamb, Pinot Noir).

I admit some bias for the 'Skins. My brother lives near DC and bought me a shirt while doing his Xmas shopping at the airport 30 years ago. Not a fan of the Gnats.

I look forward to your Butthurt next Sunday night starting at 8:30.
Someplace around 4/51.5

Keep in touch,
We'll talk,
CC

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
reply to fatness
said by fatness:

said by Rook008:

Giants at Redskins: probably the easiest game left on the Giants schedule until the last week (at Eagles) so they need to shut RGIII down and get closer to locking up the NFC East.

That's easily the biggest game the Redskins have played since the games during the 2007 season after Sean Taylor was murdered.

Nice game by the Skins, a big time win which they haven't been too good at for quite awhile.

The Giants controlled the first half, and should have been leading by 10 or more at halftime. Instead, the score was only 13-10 Giants. They had the ball 11 minutes more than the Skins did, Bradshaw had 77 yards rushing, and it looked like the Giants offensive line was going to grind the Skins defense into the dirt. The Redskin TD in the first half was part luck, part design. Griffin was getting tackled, fumbled, and the ball flew up into the air --- right to Josh Morgan. Where the ball went was luck, but Morgan was there by design. The Redskin WR's have been good downfield blockers all season, especially Morgan, Garcon and Hankerson, and Morgan was right where he was supposed to be blocking on the play.

The Skins controlled the second half. If there weren't so many good rookie QB's this year Alfred Morris would be getting talked about as rookie of the year. He has over 1000 yards rushing already and was knocking Giants out of the way like they were mannequins. The Redskins had the ball most of the 4th quarter including the last 4 minutes or so to run out the clock.

The Giants linebackers looked so confused all night. Griffin is very good at ball fakes, and the linebackers were going in the wrong direction on a lot of plays.

Man that was fun watching them win. Robert Griffin is pretty good by the way.
--
my pants are parched and thirsty