spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ttfg

join:2000-09-27
PlantationFL

Netopia 3347-02 - How do you change the time?

I can't figure out how to change the time in this router. I can check or uncheck the daylight savings time option, but it doesn't change, no matter how many times I reboot. The BIOS in the computer has the correct time. I've gone through every single page of settings, but just can't find it.

I've checked the internet, and can't find anything, nor do I have the manual anymore.

I bet it's in plain sight somewhere, but I'm missing it. Anyone with some fresh eyes want to help me out?

public

join:2002-01-19
Santa Clara, CA

said by ttfg:

I can't figure out how to change the time in this router. I can check or uncheck the daylight savings time option, but it doesn't change, no matter how many times I reboot. The BIOS in the computer has the correct time. I've gone through every single page of settings, but just can't find it.

I've checked the internet, and can't find anything, nor do I have the manual anymore.

I bet it's in plain sight somewhere, but I'm missing it. Anyone with some fresh eyes want to help me out?

Ntp server and daylight are accessible via telnet.
configure-->systen ntp or something similar.

ttfg

PlantationFL

I'm still not seeing anything. Thanks anyway.

public

Santa Clara, CA

said by ttfg:

I'm still not seeing anything. Thanks anyway.

telnet

configure
system
ntp
view

ntp -- Network Time Protocol options
option -- Enable network time
server-address -- Server IP address
alt-server-address -- Alternatic Server IP address
daylight-savings -- Daylight savings enable/disable
time-zone -- Time zone (relative to GMT)
update-period -- Update period (minutes)
up -- go up one menu level
view -- view configuration data
set -- set configuration data
save -- to save configuration
script -- print configuration setup script
validate -- validate configuration settings
help -- help command options
exit -- exit from configuration mode
quit -- quit configuration mode, return to shell
? -- help command options

ttfg

PlantationFL

Thanks, but you're way over my head. You're speaking a language I'm not familiar with. I haven't a clue what you're trying to tell me.

Sorry for my ignorance.

public

Santa Clara, CA

said by ttfg:

Thanks, but you're way over my head. You're speaking a language I'm not familiar with. I haven't a clue what you're trying to tell me.

Sorry for my ignorance.

telnet into the router and use command line configuration instead of the browser. More commands are then accessible.

aefstoggaflm
Open Source Fan
Premium
join:2002-03-04
Bethlehem, PA
kudos:7
Reviews:
·PenTeleData
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to ttfg

To OP:

What is your OS and Version?

For example: Windows XP.

If you don't the OS and Version, do you know the OS? If so what is the OS?

For example: Windows
--
Please use the "yellow (IM) envelope" to contact me and please leave the URL intact.

ttfg

PlantationFL

Thanks, public. I tried that, but unfamiliar with the syntax, so I couldn't get anything to happen.

aefstoggaflm: Win XP, SP3

Granted, this isn't anything critical and it doesn't affect anything, but it's just got me obsessing about it.

aefstoggaflm
Open Source Fan
Premium
join:2002-03-04
Bethlehem, PA
kudos:7
Reviews:
·PenTeleData
·Verizon Online DSL

1 recommendation

said by ttfg:

aefstoggaflm: Win XP, SP3

Option one with built in software.

#1 Go to Start -> Run

#2 Type in telnet and press enter.

#3 Type in the letter O (does not matter the case - lower or upper) followed by the LAN IP Address of the router and then press enter

O 192.168.1.1 <enter>

#4 Log-in as need be.

#5 Then run those commands.

Option two with built in software - is to hyper terminal, to create a telnet session.

#1 See »www.windowsitpro.com/article/tip···terface-

#2 After telnet session is created and you are connected to the router's LAN IP, log-in as need be.

#3 Then run those commands.

--
Please use the "yellow (IM) envelope" to contact me and please leave the URL intact.

ttfg

PlantationFL

Again, appreciate the help, but you're assuming I have a clue.

You say, "then run those commands." My first reaction is, "what commands?" So, I assume you mean the ones that "public" posted. But after "view" they aren't commands that I can understand for my specific need, and no matter how many times I keep trying different things, I can't get any command to make any changes.

So, I'm stuck after "view". I'm in the "ntp" section, but I can't figure out what I'm supposed to type to make any changes. I've tried a lot of things, but the closest I get is an error message telling me that "option 'daylight-savings' not available unless NTP option is 'on' Error: Command ('daylight') not accessible" even though the NTP option appears to be ON, since it says right above that, "ntp
option on"

I remembering using telnet about 15 years ago, but I'm lost, sorry.

I'll understand if you give up, but I'm just drawing a blank on what I'm supposed to do here. If you'd like to give me the specific commands to run, I'd be happy to try again. I'm also not quite sure where you're trying to get me to anyway....am I trying to get to a place that lets me set the actual time, or one that just lets me turn off the DST option that is not being turned off properly when I turn it off via the router's browser page?

Thanks either way.