sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook to Waimea

Mod

to Waimea

Re: [Cable] Modem is not part of the Continuum. Intermittant SB6

T3 timeouts are very common during the modem restart process if there's a line problem, since ranging is an integral part of that process.

T4 timeouts occur during operation and result in a modem restart and hence ranging.

IF there were a line issue, even an intermittent one, one would expect with all those T4s causing rebstarts, a T3 timeout would occur during the restart.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

Lots of line noise is my wild guess of the day. Starts around 8am sometimes a little later - and goes on all day long then near to or just after 2am *poof* everything stablizes until the next morning. Ofc thru some of those overnight hours theres the random odd reboot but its steady enough then to stay in irc or do a little streaming. This past weekend its been next to impossible to do that during the daytime hours. Its almost like theres some kind of interference on my line someplace along the way.

Ofc we know most regular people are sleeping and such during the overnight hours so that does indicate its the line someplace.

Its done this ofc three or four times while I typed this short post. Gives you an idea how dismal it is eh?