spc
Search similar:

uniqs
tpkatl
join:2009-11-16
Dacula, GA

tpkatl

Deep pockets will win

And verizon's are a whole lot deeper than some raggedy-ass nagging law firm.

If Verizon stays and fights this out - which is not a given - the plaintiff is going to give up. They simply aren't going to have the stamina or funds to take on Verizon.

And Verizon is going to win anyway - it's a very hard case to make that an ISP isn't "doing enough". There are a zillion defenses to the assertion.

Bottom line: the law firm is throwing away their money and Verizon is going to squish them.
Terabit
join:2008-12-19

1 recommendation

Terabit

I'll pay extra on my bills to cover their legal team. It's time these trolls are stomped into the ground, in which they belong.
funny0
join:2010-12-22

funny0

said by Terabit:

I'll pay extra on my bills to cover their legal team. It's time these trolls are stomped into the ground, in which they belong.

ya that will go to paying for the six strikes law smart move ....

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru to tpkatl

MVM

to tpkatl
said by tpkatl:

If Verizon stays and fights this out - which is not a given - the plaintiff is going to give up. They simply aren't going to have the stamina or funds to take on Verizon.

And Verizon is going to win anyway - it's a very hard case to make that an ISP isn't "doing enough". There are a zillion defenses to the assertion.

Bottom line: the law firm is throwing away their money and Verizon is going to squish them.

I can't tell. Was this deliberate or just a coincidence?

Verizon is represented by Morrison Foerster. Their website mofo.com seems to indicate that if you have a hard case and need lots of stamina to go deep into the assertations, they are the mofo for the job.
tpkatl
join:2009-11-16
Dacula, GA

tpkatl

I'm the original poster, and I assure you that I had absolutely NO intention of making off-color innuendos in my response. I'm clever, but I am not THAT clever.

I can't decide if you deserve to be criticized for your filthy mind, or congratulated for your powers of observation.
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband to funny0

to funny0
Six strikes is not really a law but a greed upon policy between the ISPs and the studios.

birdfeedr
MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI

1 recommendation

birdfeedr

MVM

said by TBBroadband:

a greed upon policy

Ya gotta love typos that speak to the truth.
CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium Member
join:2011-08-11
NYC

CXM_Splicer to cdru

Premium Member

to cdru
You forgot 'Bottom line'

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru to tpkatl

MVM

to tpkatl
said by tpkatl:

I can't decide if you deserve to be criticized for your filthy mind, or congratulated for your powers of observation.

Oh trust me. You haven't even scratch the surface of my filthy mind.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to cdru

Premium Member

to cdru
said by cdru:

said by tpkatl:

I can't tell. Was this deliberate or just a coincidence?

Verizon is represented by Morrison Foerster. Their website mofo.com seems to indicate that if you have a hard case and need lots of stamina to go deep into the assertations, they are the mofo for the job.

Their domain choice has to be deliberate and not just because their firm does happen to work well as mofo.

So I guess even lawyers can sometimes sink to high school level jokes.

(on a side note its easy to remember which does make it an excellent choice from a business perspective.)

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru

MVM

said by Kearnstd:

(on a side note its easy to remember which does make it an excellent choice from a business perspective.)

They also have morrisonfoerster.com that redirects to mofo.com. However, shortness and being easy to remember is important, but my guess is that it's more to prevent confusion. I'm presuming that foerster is pronounced like forester and if they only used the morrisonfoerster.com names, a lot of traffic and email would inadvertently go to morrisonforester.com instead. By using mofo.com, that whole issue is avoided.