share rss forum feed

medbuyer

join:2003-11-20
kudos:4

1 recommendation

reply to Jurjen

Re: URGENT: load balancing without MLPPP

said by Jurjen:

Like I mentioned: this is all last-minute troubleshooting, because Bell turns out to be unreliable, even to business clients.

"Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part"

Bell isn't unreliable [well, kinda] but it was actually you're lack of planning that lead to your situation...a theater production like that would require months of planning...

130 kids on facebook is like asking for your connection to be hosed in under a few minutes...

Jurjen

join:2010-08-18
Montreal, QC

said by medbuyer:

Bell isn't unreliable [well, kinda] but it was actually you're lack of planning that lead to your situation...a theater production like that would require months of planning...

Don't worry, the quote was approved a month ago. The production director didn't want to have an unused internet connection laying around, so insisted on installing at the beginning of the week and dismantling at the end of the week, despite my recommendations. Next time for sure she'll have it installed two weeks in advance (we pay for a full month anyway).

FYI: yes, the first production meeting was about 2 months ago.

Thanks for not adding anything.

medbuyer

said by Jurjen:

Don't worry, the quote was approved a month ago. The production director didn't want to have an unused internet connection laying around, so insisted on installing at the beginning of the week and dismantling at the end of the week, despite my recommendations. Next time for sure she'll have it installed two weeks in advance (we pay for a full month anyway).

FYI: yes, the first production meeting was about 2 months ago.

Thanks for not adding anything.

apparently your recommendations didn't get heeded and now you're on the end of the stick...

and if it fails, your production director have you to blame...

production meeting back 2 months ago? our small school play production took 6 months in planning...

anyway, I see others have suggested pfsense already which I would have recommended as well or dual wan routers but like what others have told you, 130 will crush all of your short planned production....and yes, even with the combined bandwidth...

my .02 cents...

Jurjen

join:2010-08-18
Montreal, QC

said by medbuyer:

production meeting back 2 months ago? our small school play production took 6 months in planning...

Yes, a school play production. We're a professional company that exists already over 20 years, presenting a new piece every week.

medbuyer

said by Jurjen:

said by medbuyer:

Yes, a school play production. We're a professional company that exists already over 20 years, presenting a new piece every week.

your production director still have you to blame if it fails...its like your skills / ability / flexibility vs his / her stubbornness..

i take it your production director isn't that tech savvy...

i'm wondering too how you presented the technical aspect of your production...did you really think that 16/7 vdsl or two bonded dsl connections would suffice?