dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
kocoman
join:2004-06-08

kocoman

Which Bell plans will make Bell send me a Sagecom modem?

Which Bell plans will make Bell send me a Sagecom modem? thanks

Pauly
join:2004-05-29
canada

Pauly

The only modems bell sends out is the 2 wire gate way, and the BELL CONNECTION HUB. if you get adsl 1 plan, u get 2 wire, if u get adsl 2 (also known as fibe to the node) you get the Bell Connection hub.

Anonymuss
@rogers.com

Anonymuss

Anon

said by Pauly:

The only modems bell sends out is the 2 wire gate way, and the BELL CONNECTION HUB. if you get adsl 1 plan, u get 2 wire, if u get adsl 2 (also known as fibe to the node) you get the Bell Connection hub.

Umm, no.

OP you need to sign up for 25/10 to be guaranteed a Sagemcom.

15/10 can sometimes be installed with a 2wire depending on the technology available in the neighbourhood, but the technician can choose to use a Sagemcom instead. Just ask.

5/1 comes with a 2wire modem ONLY.

Pauly
canada

Pauly

well onestly, i thought the op was asking if he gets another modem for fibe instead of the connection hub. they dont give out cell pipes no more, so chances are he will get the connection hub instead. which is true, and if hes adsl 1, he will likely get a 2 wire which is also true, so i was never incorrect at all, just the other poster made a remark that has nothing to do with the ops question to begin with.

coaxguy
join:2009-07-29

coaxguy

5/1 - 2wire
15/1 - 2wire
15/10 - Sagemcom
25/10 - Sagemcom

Pauly
canada

Pauly

LOL SAGEMCOM? u mean connection hub?
Pauly

Pauly to coaxguy

to coaxguy
umm i just said tht, but thanks for repeating stuff thats already been said, also please replace the word sagecom with CONNECTION HUB.
ruggs
join:2012-03-26
Ontario

ruggs

I call it a "sagecom" all the time :P

Pauly
canada

Pauly

how would u like it if i called you rudds? cus thats ecactly what your doing. just call it a Connectin hub, its easier than looking like you failed english grammar
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by Pauly:

how would u like it if i called you rudds? cus thats ecactly what your doing. just call it a Connectin hub, its easier than looking like you failed english grammar

Perhaps you can teach us all some grammar in exchange for spelling lessons.
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

Sagecom is the name i call it, and it can even be used on a 15/1 connection and usally will Now. 2 wires are typically only used for 5/1 speeds.
decx
Premium Member
join:2002-06-07
Vancouver, BC

decx to kocoman

Premium Member

to kocoman
Basically everyone on the DSLR Bell and TSI forum calls it the Sagemcom as it's more specific to distinguish it from the Cellpipe. Functionally both the Cellpipe and the Sagemcom are similar. They're both VDSL modems with built in router, 802.11n wireless, HomePNA, and can function as the CPE for a FibeTV installation. So technically both can be called a "connection hub" so Bell's nomenclature is somewhat ambiguous.
morisato
Oshawa, ON

morisato

Except the cellpig does not work at all with Adsl2 And the Sagecom does.
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7 to Pauly

to Pauly
said by Pauly:

What the ? Maybe you should check out the actual name of the product and not some invented name from Bell.
kovy7

kovy7 to decx

to decx
said by decx:

Basically everyone on the DSLR Bell and TSI forum calls it the Sagemcom as it's more specific to distinguish it from the Cellpipe. Functionally both the Cellpipe and the Sagemcom are similar. They're both VDSL modems with built in router, 802.11n wireless, HomePNA, and can function as the CPE for a FibeTV installation. So technically both can be called a "connection hub" so Bell's nomenclature is somewhat ambiguous.

Cellpipe is not wireless N, it's not even gigabit port.
morisato
Oshawa, ON

morisato

And its plagued with nasty Firmware issues with 7330 slams.. for like a year fixed now but god knows what happens when they push new profiles that need new firmware on them.

coaxguy
join:2009-07-29

coaxguy to Pauly

to Pauly
said by Pauly:

umm i just said tht, but thanks for repeating stuff thats already been said, also please replace the word sagecom with CONNECTION HUB.

Sorry KING OF THE INTERNET, no need to be a prick.

No one mentioned the 15/1 plan, which is why I made a nice point forward list. Much better than the garbled run on sentence you call a reply.

... and I'll call the Sagemcom (note: NOT Sagecom) by its actual name, not the catchy nickname Bell has given it.

Random
@bellmobilite.ca

Random

Anon

Sagemcom is VDSL2 - which is required for anything over 1M upload speed. The older modem (2Wire) supports ADSL2 and can handle a 15/1 profile, its the upload speed that makes the difference in what modem they send you.

Of course, IPTV requirements will make them also send you a Sagemcom modem as well.

T
Seb8517 (banned)
join:2010-07-12

Seb8517 (banned)

Sagemcom is compatible with ADSL1/2/2 + / VDSL2 and FTTH

Random
@184.151.127.x

Random

Anon

Yes, it's backward compatible...