Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dodge
Premium
join:2002-11-27
reply to skeechan

Re: Verizon should counter advertise...

I agree with making AMC a separate fee channel. They have 3 shows that are popular: Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and The Walking Dead. 40 minutes per episode x 12 episodes a year x 3 shows = 24 hours a year of programming that is worth anything. How is this even a negotiation at this point? Verizon can't do the same math and plaster it across the screen at all times with additional number of how much the bill will go up post-negotiations?

Telco

join:2008-12-19
I'm surprised that no cable company does this. As in telling their customers that, if we keep x channel, then you fees will increase by x to pay for it.

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
said by Telco:

I'm surprised that no cable company does this. As in telling their customers that, if we keep x channel, then you fees will increase by x to pay for it.

Because then they would see how much money they are wasting. Especially with many of the sports channels. ESPN is the worst offender there. I get my moneys worth from AMC which is supposedly around 23 cents a subscriber each month. While ESPN is several dollars a month for each subscriber. I watch AMC more than ESPN. My money is wasted on the ESPN channels, but a bargain for what I get from AMC.

amarryat
Verizon FiOS

join:2005-05-02
Marshfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Telco
said by Telco:

That would be hilarious if they superimposed their own scroll over AMC's with info from Verizon's perspective.