spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Tvunjyf

@comcast.net

[DVR] Anyroom DVD problem. Need Moca filter?

I have Comcast any room Dvr in my basement. It has worked fine with an exercise rooms dcx3200m unit. For watching programs recorded on the DVR.

But a few weeks ago I had to get a new DVR for the upstairs family room and they brought one of the new Motorola any room units. Now the upstairs DVR is interfering with the downstairs DVR. All the recorded programs on the upstairs DVR are also being recorded by the downstairs one also.

So I'm wondering how to isolate the upstairs DVR so that it can't send any signals to the downstairs one about what to record? Would a filter work in this situation?

Russ6

join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX
kudos:1

said by Tvunjyf :

I have Comcast any room Dvr in my basement. It has worked fine with an exercise rooms dcx3200m unit. For watching programs recorded on the DVR.

But a few weeks ago I had to get a new DVR for the upstairs family room and they brought one of the new Motorola any room units. Now the upstairs DVR is interfering with the downstairs DVR. All the recorded programs on the upstairs DVR are also being recorded by the downstairs one also.

So I'm wondering how to isolate the upstairs DVR so that it can't send any signals to the downstairs one about what to record? Would a filter work in this situation?

I don't think Comcast's AnyRoom DVR sends signals to another DVR to record a program. Each DVR is separate and records programs based on what is scheduled on that DVR so remove the scheduled programs from the DVR if you don't want the recording on that DVR.

It sounds like Comcast replaced an AnyRoom satelite STB with a DVR.
--
SA 8300 HD DVRs with Patched S25 Guide
Links:
'S25 Guide Blog' 'Schedule' 'Info' 'Patch Thread'

bperkgolf

@comcast.com
reply to Tvunjyf

To recap your setup... Basement has either DCX3400M or RNG200N DVR along with a DCX3200M in the exercise room. All has been good and working as expected correct ?

Now, the original DVR in the upstairs family room...was it the older Silver Motorola boxes...ie...DCT6416 or DCH 3416? I'm assuming so. And it sounds like they replaced that with another DCX3400M or RNG200N??

If all of the above is correct, then yes you should have some MoCA filters in place. you should have a filter on the splitter that serves the basement and exercise room units. So it would be Feed -> MoCA Filiter -> Splitter -> two feeds from splitter serving the basement and exercise room. Thus the filter keeping the MoCA signal contained within it and forming the network that your two units normally enjoyed.

I would suggest having a MoCA filter on the new family room DVR as well, just as a second stop gap measure.