All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned) to newview

to newview

Re: [General] Where to port / park my number?

Depending on your needs I use »www.voipo.com/cloudnumbers.php to send one number straight to voice mail though you have other options with this service.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

VOIPo is a very good choice, but do they let you port into the "cloud number" (virtual number) product?

Any popular BYOD provider (such as Anveo, CallCentric, FlowRoute, FutureNine, Voip.MS in alphabetical order) could also be good options.

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

1 recommendation

garys_2k

Premium Member

said by PX Eliezer704:

VOIPo is a very good choice, but do they let you port into the "cloud number" (virtual number) product?

Any popular BYOD provider (such as Anveo, CallCentric, FlowRoute, FutureNine, Voip.MS in alphabetical order) could also be good options.

+1 Porting it to a real provider will allow you to forward the incoming calls to your cell. No doubt a lot of people will still call you on that 15 year old number.
nonymous (banned)
Glendale, AZ

1 edit

nonymous (banned) to PX Eliezer704

to PX Eliezer704
said by PX Eliezer704:

I ported in a number a couple years ago or so. They also have forwarding to sip or phone if wanted. I just let that number go to voice mail as fills my needs of keeping my old parents number active and getting the stray calls even after more than a year. Plus it is $36 a year no extras and since not truly outgoing no 911 fees etc.

Went to order one to confirm porting is still available and is. I believe porting is free. Also looks like once you go to purchase it is 2 years for $36 or one year for $18. That is after entering info but before checkout. YMMV and do not know how long price will last. Still shows full price on first cloud page this is after entering basic info the reduced price showed up for me. I was not logged in etc.

crazyk4952
Premium Member
join:2002-02-04
united state
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR
Polycom VVX300

crazyk4952

Premium Member

said by nonymous:

I ported in a number a couple years ago or so. They also have forwarding to sip or phone if wanted.

Actually, you have not been able to forward your GV number directly to a SIP address since Google bought Gizmo5 and shut then down.
VOIPoTim
VOIPO.com
Premium Member
join:2006-06-06
Irvine, CA

1 recommendation

VOIPoTim to PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

to PX Eliezer704
said by PX Eliezer704:

Yes, we support porting for our Cloud Service. There is no extra porting fee.
nonymous (banned)
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned) to crazyk4952

to crazyk4952
said by crazyk4952:

said by nonymous:

I ported in a number a couple years ago or so. They also have forwarding to sip or phone if wanted.

Actually, you have not been able to forward your GV number directly to a SIP address since Google bought Gizmo5 and shut then down.

Post was for Voipo not GV.

crazyk4952
Premium Member
join:2002-02-04
united state
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR
Polycom VVX300

crazyk4952

Premium Member

said by nonymous:

said by crazyk4952:

said by nonymous:

Post was for Voipo not GV.

Sorry, my mistake.