dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
steelman
join:2012-10-29

steelman to PX Eliezer704

to PX Eliezer704

Re: DDoS Attacks, Is Any VoIPP Less Susceptable ?

The difference between what I'm proposing and a publicly licensed and registered company is that the service is still young and I can shape it based on the feedback I will get. I do come from a software and telco background, and have been using and learning VoIP for some good time. Yes, no SLAs yet, but for instance, I'm developing a redundant solution hosted in 5 countries around the globe (currently targetting: Turkey, Germany, UK, US, Canada), so that if a hurricane hits the US coast or power breaks down in Vancouver data center, the service would not go down, taking advantage of DNS SRV, and a DNS server which I fully control.
Regarding the free part, please treat 'freely' as in freedom of use, not as in free beer, except for free internal calls, DIDs and conferencing. I do need though funds to be able to terminate calls around the world, and I believe that when doing something worthy, money is not the main issue. People who just want a free service can use google voice, which works pretty nice, but when you want to have more features (built-in faxing, byod, resellers, n-way conferencing, custom codecs, cheap rates, phone support, worldwide DIDs), you would be OK to pay for it.
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

1 recommendation

nonymous (banned)

said by steelman:

Regarding the free part, please treat 'freely' as in freedom of use, not as in free beer,

Too late my limited mind has already seen only the free beer in the sentence. So which voip providers are giving away free beer? Plus what brands and quality of beer?
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

said by nonymous:

So which voip providers are giving away free beer? Plus what brands and quality of beer?

Local-Foam has the cheap stuff, a penny an ounce.

Magic-AppleJack has a low annual rate for all the moonshine you can drink, and worth every penny you've paid.

Fall With Us has a very potent product at a good price, but is not for beginners.

"Amtel" POTS has Amstel in a pot.

Voip.MS has Canadian Molson (the MS is for MolSon).

Future Two (often called F2) has "Dos Equis".

CallCentric of course has Clamato Chelada.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

So based on all of THAT :

DoS is when the waiter cuts you off after you've had enough to drink.

And DDoS is when ALL of the waiters in ALL of the bars won't serve you anymore that night, because they tweet each other about who's been cut off.