spc
uniqs

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy to I AM

to I AM

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 Thread

Last night I finished Mount Malestorm because I read that it gives 2 gold items. Holy cow that's a huge zone, 32 POIs. I eventually did and got 2 items, both of which I sold for a total of 2.5g, which is a lot of money for me!

BTW I've always used lower level zones (like all the starting zones) to make leveling easier, but it seems like you level faster if you level in zones near your actual level. Not 100% sure on this, since once I got like 4 levels off a lowbie zone as well.

Abyl
@xo.net

Abyl

Anon

I'll have to go find Mount Malestorm then! I did a lot of the lower zones to help level up to mid 60s when I read here that staying in a zone appropriate to your level was more efficient. I did that and wasd amazed how much faster I leveled.

I will have to level another alt then if mesmers are too slow. I have always had a problem with too many alts anyway so I don't mind leveling another!

facepalm
join:2012-08-20
Lumberton, TX

facepalm to puppy

to puppy
said by puppy:

Last night I finished Mount Malestorm because I read that it gives 2 gold items. Holy cow that's a huge zone, 32 POIs.

I'm currently in that zone with my Engineer working my way toward Orr. It is huge, but the scenery is impressive. There are Champions everywhere and 2 extremely cool puzzles. One takes you to a hidden zone. I have a couple of screen shots of both in the other thread.

Jaided
join:2009-11-13
Mount Laurel, NJ

Jaided to puppy

to puppy
Thanks for this post. After reading it I went back and finished Mt. Maelstorm. Last night I got 2 exotics with a total vendor value of about 3g, but I put them up in the TP for a total of 4.5g. I also got some coin, and a stack of 40 linen.

I forgot how cool that zone was. The only skill point I needed help with was the one in the CoE dungeon area. That boss is a hard hitter with alot of health.

Just a tip for those who haven't been in that area, there is an event chain that consists of 5 events. I hooked up with a couple PUGS and we knocked out the events and did the skill point at the same time. The Boss that contests the CoE waypoint was bugged and we couldn't kill him, or that would have been another decent reward.

Good stuff guys!

facepalm
join:2012-08-20
Lumberton, TX

facepalm

said by Jaided:

Thanks for this post. After reading it I went back and finished Mt. Maelstorm. Last night I got 2 exotics with a total vendor value of about 3g, but I put them up in the TP for a total of 4.5g. I also got some coin, and a stack of 40 linen.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I sold the 2 exotics I received for 4g and a few silver. I bought some ecto and with it and crafted my last 2 pieces of exotic jewelry for my engineer. Well worth the trouble in my opinion. Great zone. I'm glad I reached 80 before I got to these 70+ zones. It looks like I may be able to make a little coin for map completions. My other toons will definitely be following up as well.