how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

Quick GPU question

Current gaming rig has 2x SLI GTX 460's. I have a bit of extra money and was thinking about snagging a GTX 670 4GB on newegg for 459 and putting one of the 460's in my GF's computer to replace the GTS260. Is it worth the price or should I wait to see if the price comes down more? Or does anyone know of a better price?

I know most games don't utilize SLI cards fully, most games show I have 2GB graphics memory, but from what I have read it really doesn't perform as such.

Rest of rig has AMD phenom 2 CPU 3.4 OC'd to 3.8, 16GB DDR3 PC14900 RAM, 1100 watt PS and off hand I can't remember the mobo specs or model here at work but I know it isn't a bottleneck.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

Best price on a GTX 670 4GB is $420 after MIR with 2 free games.

I'd suggest you go AMD for a video card this generation, however, unless you are married to Nvidia.

Read through this article to get an in-depth understanding of how the cards perform under the latest drivers: »www.techspot.com/review/603-best···s-cards/

The Radeon 7950 3GB runs around $300.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.