Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ExoticFish

join:2008-08-31
Stuarts Draft, VA
reply to scooby

Re: Firmware update.

Didn't know that was an issue. It doesn't seem to fix the MIMO and TVL errors in the log either though.
--
»www.VAJeeps.com
»www.BronzedBod.com

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:16
Don't worry, Moto released 1.0.6.10 on 11/12/2012. Comcast might roll it out it in a couple months.

NetFixer
Freedom is NOT Free
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
reply to ExoticFish
said by ExoticFish:

Didn't know that was an issue. It doesn't seem to fix the MIMO and TVL errors in the log either though.

The MIMO and TLV-11 log entries are more likely to be config issues than a problem with the modem firmware (but since DOCSIS modem config files are such a hush-hush thing, there is no way to know for sure what those log entries really mean).

The only time I see those log entries is immediately after a boot when the config file gets activated. It has been a day and a half since my SB6121 logged the above entries (just after the firmware update reboot), and there have been no new log entries since then. Are you experiencing a problem that is related to the MIMO and TLV-11 log entries?
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.

koitsu
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-16
Mountain View, CA
kudos:23
Neither the MIMO nor the TLV-11 log entries indicate any actual problem.

I can't explain the technical details of the MIMO message but it's harmless.

The TLV-11 message indicates that there's just some SNMP MIB OID that is trying to be looked up (probably by the CMTS, or by Comcast's own systems) that doesn't exist on this firmware (but may exist in older ones). The OID isn't provided so I can't look it up in a MIB tree to find out what it is. I started seeing this with 1.0.6.6 or thereabouts, and like the MIMO message, it's harmless.

I should note to folks reading this thread I've been testing 1.0.6.8 for Comcast since 2012/09/25 and I have not seen any problems. If anything it's better -- see the 2nd bullet item in the 1.0.6.8 changelog (I can confirm this was a problem in 1.0.6.6 which is now fixed -- if it happens, modem goes into TCS Partial Service mode but continues to operate fine, just with one missing upstream bonded channel).

The MIO and TLV messages are normal at this point. They do not indicate anything is wrong with your Internet connection (despite what you might find on Google).
--
Making life hard for others since 1977.
I speak for myself and not my employer/affiliates of my employer.

ExoticFish

join:2008-08-31
Stuarts Draft, VA
Yeah, they're just annoying.

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast

3 recommendations

reply to koitsu
said by koitsu:

...I can't explain the technical details of the MIMO message but it's harmless....

The MIMO -MDD IP Mode Override
is just telling the modem a temporary/extra/contrary instruction from how the MDD - MAC domain desprictor, described the plant capablities So if the MDD said this plant supports a IPv6 wan side interface, this MIMO could be saying "don't use the IPv6 for now on this model modem" or some other feature should be added or disabled.
This is a normal and planned for ability for D3, not a defect.

NetDog
Premium,VIP
join:2002-03-04
Parker, CO
kudos:79

3 recommendations

said by tshirt:

The MIMO -MDD IP Mode Override
is just telling the modem a temporary/extra/contrary instruction from how the MDD - MAC domain desprictor, described the plant capablities So if the MDD said this plant supports a IPv6 wan side interface, this MIMO could be saying "don't use the IPv6 for now on this model modem" or some other feature should be added or disabled.
This is a normal and planned for ability for D3, not a defect.

I would like to add one more comment to this, this doesn't have anything to do with what the CPE is doing. This is only on the DOCSIS side of the modem. Alot of people are getting the DOCSIS side MIMO and the CPE side support confused.