uniqs
share rss forum feed

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
join:2005-01-20
reply to J E F F

Re: Nice Job, Best Buy!

A smaller, redder Wii? Whats the point, they have the Wii U out now.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
With Christmas not far away, it can end up with pretty good sales as a gift. Especially for younger kids that will not need Internet and that might break it a bit too easily so there's no point getting them a more expensive system.

Plus if you add potential holiday specials that might make it even less expensive, I bet it will sell quick.

nitzguy
Premium
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON
reply to Thane_Bitter
said by Thane_Bitter:

A smaller, redder Wii? Whats the point, they have the Wii U out now.

This isn't out of the ordinary for Nintendo...but this tells me the Wii is just about at the end of the line.

Reference NES-101 and SNS-101....Nintendo "redesigned" the NES back in the day to go from the "toaster load" to a top load system, but also took away the RCA inputs at the same time and left you with RF...

Nintendo also "redesigned" the SNES...though it was made a lot smaller, and used more plastic in its construction of the buttons ,and the reset button was more of a button and less of a switch back then...

It looked promising to me but since I couldn't get online with it...its a no go for me...I'm tired of playing the old NES games on my computer...I want to play it on a TV screen....I know, call me old...and old fashioned...but as someone who is nearing 35...that's just how I want it lol. Just want to play the Virtual Console games...I noticed that you can get Summer Games II from the Commodore 64???...I used to LOVE that game and used to play it at holidays with my cousins....being the USSR rocked!

Anywho, just my thoughts....

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
join:2005-01-20
I new about the NES redress but didn't know they castrated it to RF only, what a joke!

cog_biz_user
i ruin threads apparently

join:2011-04-19
Hamilton, ON
said by Thane_Bitter:

I new about the NES redress but didn't know they castrated it to RF only, what a joke!

you can mod top-loaders to restore the AV jacks. it's not that hard.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=eig-VDCWfoo

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
reply to nitzguy
said by nitzguy:

It looked promising to me but since I couldn't get online with it...its a no go for me...

You should be able to grab a regular Wii for close to that value, if you want the games that'll be bundled with it. Or maybe a refurb/used one for less.