uniqs

kljflower
Premium Member
join:2001-03-19
Tipp City, OH

kljflower

Premium Member

Sony TV as monitor w/ Lenovo H430 PC - cuts off left side

New Lenonov H430 w/ Windows 8 connected to Sony TV.

Problem is "picture" is shifted 1/2" so icons on left side are almost off the screen. Would this be something to adjust in the TV or the PC? I found instructions on how to get to where you change the display resolution.

We are using the same cable used to connect sis' laptop on the Sony TV. (it has a connection to the monitor port on the computer and also an audio connection - worked flawlessly with laptop.)

I searched on the Lenovo site and other places with no success. Would it be a driver thing?

Sincere thanks for any helpful advice!!!

squircle
join:2009-06-23
OTWAON10

squircle

You have to adjust the overscan on the TV; this may help: »www.ehow.com/how_5877286 ··· -tv.html

Camelot One
MVM
join:2001-11-21
Bloomington, IN

Camelot One to kljflower

MVM

to kljflower
You can also adjust the overscan options in the video drivers. If it has an ATI or nVidia card, the settings are pretty easy to find. The new Intel drivers bury it a bit, but it is still there.
Thordrune
Premium Member
join:2005-08-03
Lakeport, CA

Thordrune to kljflower

Premium Member

to kljflower
If you're connected to the TV via VGA, you'll need to tell it to shift the picture. This can be accomplished either by a manual setting, or an auto adjust feature (basically the same thing nearly all LCD monitors do). It's hard to tell what the TV uses for that without knowing the model.

kljflower
Premium Member
Tipp City, OH

kljflower

Premium Member

I'm checking on the TV model # - sorry it's taken me so long to get back on here..... should have it before the end of the day...
kljflower

kljflower to Thordrune

Premium Member

to Thordrune
Sony Bravia TV KDL 55BX520 - does that help?
Thordrune
Premium Member
Lakeport, CA

Thordrune

Premium Member

Accidental double post
Thordrune

Thordrune to kljflower

Premium Member

to kljflower
Yep. I was able to look up the manual. To auto-adjust the picture with a VGA input, it looks like you press Menu/Home on the remote, go to Settings, Screen, and select Auto Adjustment. If you're using HDMI, disregard that. You'll have to mess with overscan/underscan as mentioned above.

kljflower
Premium Member
Tipp City, OH

kljflower

Premium Member

Thanks so much! I know he is not using HDMI - so hopefully this will resolve the issue!!! Will post back to let you know...
kljflower

kljflower to Thordrune

Premium Member

to Thordrune
Thanks so much!!!!! It worked!!!!!! I really appreciate your time in helping me!
Thordrune
Premium Member
Lakeport, CA

Thordrune

Premium Member

Awesome, glad to hear it's working now .