Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

aabaaf

join:2011-12-09
Lombard, IL
reply to RR Conductor

Re: Newest bill shows new fee - Convenience Fee

You pay to give them $, because they have to pay the person who took your money. When that person could have been helping someone else, that truly needed help with getting their services working again. That's the thinking behind it.

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15

1 edit
reply to Decieved3754
said by Decieved3754 :

All DTAs now are getting charged!!! Comcast just arbitrarily began charging $1.99 per DTA (at least in the Atlanta area). So much for the 2 free DTAs to help with the switch to encrypted digital service. This is clearly a deceptive bait-and-switch. Just filed FCC complaint and encourage others to do so also.

Yes, see a few posts back: »Re: Newest bill shows new fee - Convenience Fee

EDIT: Also see: Comcast Help and Support Forum - FREE digital adapters are now being charged
»forums.comcast.com/t5/Billing/FR···/1439157

RR Conductor
NWP RR Inc.,serving NW CA
Premium
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
kudos:1
reply to aabaaf
said by aabaaf:

You pay to give them $, because they have to pay the person who took your money. When that person could have been helping someone else, that truly needed help with getting their services working again. That's the thinking behind it.

It's just a way to make more money, plain and simple. Like activation fees with Cell Companies, if you ask them to explain why they are necessary, you get blank stares, but you know they are to make up for lost revenue from voice. I stay with local banks and credit unions because they don't feel the need to do things like this, sadly, most don't have this choice (myself included) when it comes to broadband.
--

travelguy

join:1999-09-03
Santa Fe, NM
Exactly. Consider it a financial education incentive tax. There are always ways to pay that do not cost extra. Most banks offer free bill payment services. Unbanked? Pick up a free Bluebird account from American Express / Walmart. It offers free billpay as well. Alternate payment services offered by the biller are a convenience, not a necessity and are surcharged based on value to you, not what it costs to provide.

ArrayList
netbus developer
Premium
join:2005-03-19
Brighton, MA
reply to pokesph
I look at my credit card bill, which is where all the autopay bills come from, and if the price changes, then I inquire. It's silly to look at all 6 bills every month.

DGDTrathole

join:2000-05-07
Newmarket, NH
reply to cork1958
son got me thinking the other day....

hey dad, your the man in the middle....
huh???
ya, you work, then you sit down each month
and pay all these bills and do it for free...
huh???
dad...just have your company send all your bills
in each month and give you what's left over.....

ya right....but I said hey....that's an opportunity....
for every bill I have to send in each month...attach a
bill for my service of paying the bill and deduct it from what
the bill is....

every time they go up on their bill, raise my rate to spend
the time paying the bill....maybe I can play their game of
nickel and dime us all the time...!!!LOL

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
reply to Streetlight
The only time I use auto pay is if there is a discount for doing so (such as my auto or renters insurance). Otherwise I pay the bill through the service provider's (Comcast, Verizon Wireless, Wester Mass Electric, etc) website.

Sometimes I use the bill payment kiosk at the Verizon Wireless store if I happen to be at the mall.

NotTheMama
What Would Earl Do?

join:2012-12-06
reply to Streetlight
What?! Incorrectly billing customers for a service/action they didn't/don't use/have (and hoping they never notice it)? Sounds like Comcast has graduated from the Verizon School of Billing... cum laude even.
--
"...but ya doesn't hasta call me Johnson!"