uniqs
JoeSchmoe007
Premium Member
join:2003-01-19
Brooklyn, NY

JoeSchmoe007

Premium Member

[Need Info] Looking for alternatives to CloudBerry S3 Backup Ser

As subject says, I am looking for alternatives to CloudBerry S3 Backup Server Edition in order to backup directly to Amazon S3.

The thing I don't like about CloudBerry S3 Backup Server Edition is that when browsing "Backup Storage" for a specific account it only shows files that were placed into bucket by their backup software. If there are other files there that weren't put in in the backup via CB S3 Backup Server Edition these files are not displayed and not counted towards storage used in "Total Overview" on "Welcome" tab.

On top of these CB support told me that "it is also strongly not recommended to access the backup storage using something other than CloudBerry Backup, as you may break the backup sequence."

They may have their reasons for this implementation but I don't really like it.

So what I am looking for is software that runs as Windows Service and can schedule backup of file(s) similar to how CB S3 Backup does but without these limitations. Paid or free, would prefer one with a lot of users and under active development. NOT looking for anything that involves additional monthly charge (other than direct payments to Amazon for storage used). There are multiple "bucket browser" implementations but none seem to run as a server and/or has any scheduling capabilities.

chachazz
Premium Member
join:2003-12-14

chachazz

Premium Member

Re: [Need Info] Looking for alternatives to CloudBerry S3 Backup

Take a look at Duplicati
»www.duplicati.com/home
Alex512
join:2013-08-13

1 edit

Alex512 to JoeSchmoe007