spc
Search similar:

uniqs
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

Notices & Screen shots

Clear provides you with a usage meter on their website. Why don't these "users" submit screen shots of what their usage was and copies of these letters???? Images would be posted if it happened with other providers but why not with Clear? If someone is going to run a story, I would like to see proof. The local news paper would also show these images. Otherwise these "users" that are reporting this, could be blowing smoke for no reason or were canceled for not paying their bill. Which btw- Clear is VERY forgiving on customers that are late.

bobjohnson
Premium Member
join:2007-02-03
Spartanburg, SC

bobjohnson

Premium Member

Clear is a decent company and just like any other wireless company they are cutting off people using 100gigs+ on overloaded towers. The same as Sprint or anyone else would. If one person paying $45 a month is interfering with 10 customers paying the same each, I don't blame them.
TBBroadband
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

I don't either. But has others have pointed out, nobody has had this happen to them or know of anyone. These "reports" show no proof to what was reported. Normally Karl would show proof by screen shots or something. But in this case he's taking these people's word for it without showing the rest of us proof. Especially when Clear shows their customers a usage meter that is up to date on a daily basis. So when he's out "reporting" he should be providing proof otherwise this story is a regular "blog" with no proof of anything. Just "we were informed". And being "informed" doesn't mean much of anything. I can be "informed" by the neighborhood crack dealer that the same happened to him but why go out and cause a company to start doing PR damage control and responding to such when no actual proof of these claims were even shown?

bobjohnson
Premium Member
Spartanburg, SC

bobjohnson

Premium Member

Yeah, no one has any problem showing proof when they really got screwed over. I don't believe that has happened in this situation. Just someone spreading crap around the internet. Who'd have thought something like that would happen?
TBBroadband
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

A valid Clear customer that has this problem would have NO problem providing this proof. As I have stated, they have access to a valid and WORKING usage meter. If this really happened, these people should come forward and show the letter and usage screen shots from the Clear Portal. Otherwise this isn't news but someone thinking they can make headlines. For all one could assume this is an upset former employee. Also if this was about any other company screen shots would be included to show the disconnected notice and how much they used.

Otherwise- a moot topic and nothing to talk about since Clear states on record and in their AUP they don't disconnect but throttle.

bobjohnson
Premium Member
Spartanburg, SC

bobjohnson

Premium Member

said by TBBroadband:

Otherwise- a moot topic and nothing to talk about since Clear states on record and in their AUP they don't disconnect but throttle.

Also note to all the prepaid, no contract advocates around here. They can do what they want.

Toguro
join:2003-10-23
Rockford, IL

Toguro to TBBroadband

to TBBroadband
Clear has lied once when they wasted my time trying to convince me it was my connection when they were throttling every one in the area so proof or no proof, I will believe the customers.
theFarm
join:2012-09-16
Washington, DC

theFarm to TBBroadband

to TBBroadband
I second the call for some verifiable data. Clear's portal provides a ton of information about usage, tower location, and signal strength. For instance I live near an underutilized tower and work near a full capacity tower. I notice slower speeds near work at the expected heavy use times (lunch, 6pm Netflix binge, etc) I get as much as 10MB down/1 up at home. I've been a customer since August and have streamed as much as 200+MB/month.

This series on Clear is light on facts and heavy on accusations. I expect more from DSLreports. We consumers need accurate data and level headed criticism if we are to put any preassure on the Telecoms.

I'll be the first to argue your case if you can prove that Clear is terminating accounts using as few as 5GB/month

knighthawktf
@comcast.net

knighthawktf

Anon

" Clear's portal provides a ton of information about usage, tower location, and signal strength. For instance I live near an underutilized tower and work near a full capacity tower."
---
Where are you getting the tower utilization stats from, certainly not from their website