dslreports logo
site
 
    All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer




how-to block ads


Search Topic:
uniqs
4
share rss forum feed


Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Immer

Re: Anyword on 5.1

said by Immer:

said by cymraeg:

Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
Atonement healing range has been increased to 40 yards, up from 15.
Chakras now persist through death and zoning.
Discipline Priests can once again learn Focused Will. This ability is obtained at level 30.
Spells affected by Inner Focus cast while Spirit Shell is active now fully apply critical effect Heal to the shield provided.
Chakra: Chastise now increases the damage dealt by Shadow and Holy spells by 50% (was 15%), and reduces mana costs by 90% (was 75%) while the ability is in effect.
Chakra: Serenity now increases single target healing by 25%, up from 15%.
Chakra: Sanctuary now increases area healing by 25% up from 15%.
Psyfiend Psychic Terror cast time has been increased to 2 seconds, up from 1.5 seconds.
The Psyfiend health has been reduced to 10% of the controlling Priest's health, down from 30%.

this makes Immer very happy.

hm, so now holy is the de facto spec for healing dps.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.


Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8

said by Krisnatharok:

said by Immer:

this makes Immer very happy.

hm, so now holy is the de facto spec for healing dps.

I wouldn't go that far. The Patch note wording is missing a critical word that I think was just a typo in the notes, else there would be a more substantive change.

said by WoWHead :
Chakra: Chastise
Increases the damage done by your Shadow and Holy spells by 15%, grants a 10% chance for Smite to reset the cooldown of Holy Word: Chastise, and reduces the mana cost of Smite and Holy Fire by 75%.
So it isn't a flat buff to Shadow/Holy dmg done its only of the priest's spells. When you are running in Chastise Chakra your healing sucks... and the swap has a 30sec cooldown on it, so you are nerfing your healing for a full 30sec. for this ability. It will make it possible to do the simpler dailies in Holy spec than before (I've had many an epic battle with a single rodent while tending my farm... )
--
Guild leader of Pride and Ego (US:Nathrezim)
Good times with Great people in the Best way to spend $15/mo.

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.


Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

Right, meant more for the soloing/dailies spec.

I am disc/holy and dailies suck atm.



Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8

said by Krisnatharok:

Right, meant more for the soloing/dailies spec.

I am disc/holy and dailies suck atm.

Oh, I didn't catch that you were playing your priest so much, lol. yeah, disc is much nicer for dailies... but with these changes it won't be as painful when I forget to change specs. I also like that your Chakra will not constantly reset, which is the biggest reason that I will forget to swap out specs when I leave an instance. I'd never pull if I saw my Chakra glyph on me!
--
Guild leader of Pride and Ego (US:Nathrezim)
Good times with Great people in the Best way to spend $15/mo.

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.


Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

It's a convoluted story. I wasn't happy with the changes to the warlock, and the spriest playstyle was closer to what I wanted to play, but then I fell back into healing, and disc/holy naturally overtook shadow/anythingelse. So here I am having a blast as disc. I may end up dropping holy if I can learn to trust raid healers.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.



Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8

I swapped around specs for a while... I've finally gone back to dual healing because I've decided no more faction dailies (just farming/cooking related ones) on my priest. Since you are still doing mostly LFR/Dungeon healing, you'll run into fewer healing issues by dropping disc and going Holy for raids, shadow for repgrind. Shadow/Holy stats go well together, and if you learn to get the most out of Chakra:Serenity, you can be a solid tank healer and can hop over to Chakra:Sanctuary mid-fight if you see raid heals start to slack off.
--
Guild leader of Pride and Ego (US:Nathrezim)
Good times with Great people in the Best way to spend $15/mo.

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.



Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:4
reply to Krisnatharok

said by Krisnatharok:

I wasn't happy with the changes to the warlock,

What's... not to be happy with? PvE or PvP... God mode right now...


Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

said by Snuffbox:

said by Krisnatharok:

I wasn't happy with the changes to the warlock,

What's... not to be happy with? PvE or PvP... God mode right now...

Mostly just the play-style changes, not how it is overpowered or under-powered.

I may have to break it out later.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.


Antonica
Premium
join:2002-09-02
reply to Snuffbox

said by Snuffbox:

said by Krisnatharok:

I wasn't happy with the changes to the warlock,

What's... not to be happy with? PvE or PvP... God mode right now...

so which one of the threads on this board explains the god mode right now? cause unless there are 2 targets, afflic sucks ass (or it could be my gear)
--
»Re: [game] Crazy Game - The Resurrection - Day 2
Corrupt Politician - tmodelt
You may privately message the rest of the mafia: ekster, Rook008 & Kristopher. You win with the mafia.


Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:4

said by Antonica:

afflic

I found your problem.

Destruction and Demo are your friend.

However Affliction still does every well in Raids.

djlar

join:2009-04-23
799228

IDK afflic lock was destroying our destro lock, both on aoe or single target..

our destroy lock is about i490 vs that i483 afflic one on an LFR..

They say they nerfed rain of fire somehow... (not only the stun part)