Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

CrackBerry Rehab

My friend hates BlackBerries so much that he as an IT administrator prescribed iPhone therapy at gadget detox.

In other words, he finds that BlackBerries are a PITA to troubleshoot to the point of converting his employers mobile phone fleet to iPhone.

He is an Apple Fanboy like I am.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

3 recommendations

said by IowaCowboy:

He is an Apple Fanboy like I am.

I guess that explains why he as an "IT Administrator" can't troubleshoot something as simple as a Blackberry.

Anzio

join:2008-11-22
Innisfil, ON

Because all Apple fans are dumbfounded when it comes to technology right? This is a ridiculous statement.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

said by Anzio:

Because all Apple fans are dumbfounded when it comes to technology right? This is a ridiculous statement.

No, just non-Apple technology. That's why they're Fanboys, after all.

TexasRebel

join:2011-05-29
Edgewood, TX
reply to Gone

at least iPhone's Exchange component works better than a damn BB, with all the crap that goes wrong with it. PIN resyncing, database corruption on the BES, etc. And as said before, because all of the BES traffic goes to some blackhole relay server that has been documented multiple times in going down effecting an entire nation; what exactly is so damn great about BB??

battleop

join:2005-09-28

"what exactly is so damn great about BB?"

Absolutely nothing...

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
reply to TexasRebel

The amount of things that you can control on a handset with a Blackberry and BES is an administrators dream compared to the pedestrian options in EAS, but I will be the first to admit that BES isn't exactly intuitive. EAS is a solution so simple that any moron with a hand capable of moving a mouse can use it. BES is a can of worms, but if you can get it running and keep it running it blows EAS out of the water.

markf

join:2008-01-24
Burlington, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·ELECTRONICBOX
·Execulink Telecom

And just wait until corporations (and consumers) see what they can do with BlackBerry Balance.

A corporate controlled profile coupled with a "consumer" profile, completely separated at the OS level. The IT department can do whatever they want, control whatever apps they want in the one profile and the person can do whatever they want on their side without the two sides of the one device ever touching.

For BYOD this will be a significant improvement as the device doesn't have to be crippled by IT admins when the user takes it home and wants to do what they want with it.

BESSux

@rr.com
reply to Gone

That's a bogus statement. I find the BES a pain in the arse to manage and the active synch in a lot of Android phones sucks too. I'm moving all my users to iphones. Not because I am a a fanboy..but because I want my users to have email and a reasonably decent cell phone.

Expand your moderator at work