All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

cool88
@frontiernet.net

cool88 to Smith6612

Anon

to Smith6612

Re: [DSL] Reset my 7500, now in Routed Bridge mode??

will put modem into bridge mode change speed of internet or could it
cool88

cool88

Anon

and what does bridge mode do

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
ARRIS NVG443B
Ubiquiti NanoStation loco M2

Hank

Premium Member

Go to the Verizon web site and download the 7500 Users Guide. It is explained on page 76 of that manual.

Here is the link:

»www22.verizon.com/Suppor ··· 9175.htm

cool88
@frontiernet.net

cool88

Anon

thanks for that it help hank and hopefully i can get out of frontier dsl because the cable company is extending and when they get done i should beable to get 12,20,or 50mbps thought the cable company and to smithy read your review i hope u get out of high lantency frontier

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV

Hank

Premium Member

You're welcome. I sure wish we had an option but that is part of the benefits of living in the boonies.

cool88
@frontiernet.net

cool88

Anon

well i think the cable company would not be expanding if frontier did not do upgrades here but they are so the cable company expand there services i might try one of frontiers new plans or go to the cable company just depends on which company seems like they will hold good speeds compared to what the speed can get up to on both download and upload and latency to play good on xbox while 2 or 3 computers or on

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

Smith6612 to cool88

MVM

to cool88
said by cool88 :

...and to smithy read your review i hope u get out of high lantency frontier

Glad you noticed. It is true, I will most likely be leaving Frontier in a few months time. No, I'm not waiting on a contract to expire. I've been off contract for 6 years. I'm also not leaving them due to latency. Latency with them is pretty good to most places I'd say. Routing isn't always ideal but it's done on cost and most DCs peer where Frontier is peering.
slimtim
join:2002-12-12
Cleveland, TN

slimtim

Smith6612,

If your leaving..which greener pasture you looking at?
Inquiring minds want to know..
-TimJ

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

4 edits

Smith6612

MVM

said by slimtim:

Smith6612,

If your leaving..which greener pasture you looking at?
Inquiring minds want to know..
-TimJ

The greener pasture is Fiber or DOCSIS service for both of the DSL connections I have (one will remain in service). Fiber is anticipated to be arriving very soon, whenever the company who started their build-out towards where I am decides to finish it up. DOCSIS service has improved a ton since it was available before the days of Frontier DSL (back when I still used dial-up), and it has some better value to it these days minus some annoying fees which can be worked around. Plus some outstanding issues with Frontier that they have been very slow to address are making me leave.