spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

crazymad

@frontiernet.net

[FiOS] Fios 20/20 plan

Does anyone have the 20/20 plan with frontier? I know I had a 20/20 plan and the other day when I noticed I was not getting the 20 up that I thought I had I called support. I was told that no I was on a 20/5 plan and there has never been a 20/20 plan.

I told them that yes I have had a 20/20 plan since I singed up as a Verizon customer. I pointed out a quick search on the internet show a news release for the 20/20 plan and the exact same price that shows up on my bill.

So basically they have slowed my package down yet keep collecting the same amount of money from me.

If any one has this package or remembers please let me know they are starting to think I am crazy.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
No, I don't think there was a a 20/20 plan. There was/is a 25/15 plan that basically gets you 25 up as well as down, however (formerly known as "fluff" in the pre-Frontier days).

What are you paying for Internet?
--
♬ Music is life ♬

crazymad

@frontiernet.net

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
Hrmm... that's been a long time ago

Regardless, call up support have them re-do your profile so your price matches the 25/15 speed plan. That's about all you can do. You'll probably get 25/25 most likely as I don't think it's possible to create/re-create a 20/20 profile anymore (though I could be wrong).
--
♬ Music is life ♬
Expand your moderator at work

cdru
Go Colts
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:7
reply to darcilicious

Re: [FiOS] Fios 20/20 plan

I pay $64.86 inclusive of all taxes and fees for 35mbit symmetrical internet-only. He should either pay less and get the 15- or 25-mbit plan, or get bumped up to the 35-mbit plan that he's essentially already paying for.

Reticent

join:2008-08-11
USA_PDX

Re: [FiOS] (up to) 25/25 plan

Internet-only, price fixed for 2 Years at under $44/month
Only took them 1 year to start billing for more ...

zebibyte

join:2006-04-25
Fairview, OR
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to crazymad

Re: [FiOS] Fios 20/20 plan

I'm just about to finish a 2 yr contract for a double play of Ultimate TV and 35/35 for $120. I called to check on options and was told I could keep the TV plan for $90 and the 35/35 for $90, otherwise I'd have to drop down to the new TV package and 35/15 for $150. There doesn't seem to be any good options for those of us with legacy products... Anyone have suggestions? What's your experience been like moving from contract to no contract?

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
My two year contract was up... three years ago? Maybe two years ago (about this time, or Oct/Nov timeframe). Nothing changed when it ended, I didn't call, I didn't change anything and continue to get nearly 25/25 on my 25/15 plan, I have the original HD Extreme (from 2009), at the same price I've always had it, and the only channel add I haven't received is Fox Soccer.
--
♬ Music is life ♬

zebibyte

join:2006-04-25
Fairview, OR
My bill shows the higher ($90) rates for each service, and then a discount with a 2 year date range ending in January 2013. Do you have something similar that just shows up on each bill to keep your pricing the same?

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
No, I don't have any discounts listed. I'm not on a contract, there's no date. I'm just paying the same monthly amount I always have.
--
♬ Music is life ♬

mwangen

join:2006-10-26
Beaverton, OR
reply to zebibyte
I'm in a similar boat as you. I'm under a 2 year contract until 1/13 with Extreme HD, 25/15 internet and a landline (no long distance). With the Media DVR, an additional HD box, HBO, Movie package etc I'm currently paying $204 and change. I talked to a CSR about extending my contract and Frontier is only offering to ask for more money in return for worse service! If I don't do anything my bill will go up some $60. If I lock in for another two years with their new plan I lose my 25/15 which will become 25/5 and they want $12 more than I'm already paying. I'm seriously considering switching to Comcrap for a while.
said by zebibyte:

I'm just about to finish a 2 yr contract for a double play of Ultimate TV and 35/35 for $120. I called to check on options and was told I could keep the TV plan for $90 and the 35/35 for $90, otherwise I'd have to drop down to the new TV package and 35/15 for $150. There doesn't seem to be any good options for those of us with legacy products... Anyone have suggestions? What's your experience been like moving from contract to no contract?

pdxhz

@frontiernet.net
said by mwangen:

I'm in a similar boat as you. I'm under a 2 year contract until 1/13 with Extreme HD, 25/15 internet and a landline (no long distance). With the Media DVR, an additional HD box, HBO, Movie package etc I'm currently paying $204 and change. I talked to a CSR about extending my contract and Frontier is only offering to ask for more money in return for worse service! If I don't do anything my bill will go up some $60. If I lock in for another two years with their new plan I lose my 25/15 which will become 25/5 and they want $12 more than I'm already paying. I'm seriously considering switching to Comcrap for a while.

said by zebibyte:

Similar case here (contract ends January 11th). My triple-package Ultra +HBO, and cable-card (no DVR) was $151 (including taxes and fees). They want $184-$205 per mo. before taxes and fees (depending on whom you talk to!) and cannot quote the price in writing. Reluctantly, I too am thinking of trying COM* for 2 years!

SuperGonz

join:2005-11-15
Fort Wayne, IN
reply to crazymad
I'm in Fort Wayne & I have 20/20. Got it under Verizon (CAN WE PLEASE GET THEM BACK?) almost three yeas ago. Updated my phone/fios-internet/fios-TV contract last summer a slight increase but not bad...the only issue has been, they can't seem to get th ebilling straight. 10% disc instead of 15%. The local store has a number of people on an automatic bill adjustment...