Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

LLigetfa

join:2006-05-15
Fort Frances, ON
kudos:1

WLI-TX4-G54HP and WPA2

I need to make this work with WPA2/AES but the stock firmware doesn't support it. If I reflash it with dd-wrt.v24_micro_generic.bin how does it need to be setup to be nothing more than an ethernet converter?

Our CorpIT WAN group chose to setup our Cisco guest WiFi as WPA2/AES but I'm finding that some guest laptops don't support WPA2 for one reason or another. I could in most cases fix the deficiency but I'd rather not mess with their laptops.

I already have a few of these WLI-TX4-G54HP Ethernet Converters sitting around and want to make them work.
--
Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and formal education positively fortifies it. -- Stephen Vizinczey

LLigetfa

join:2006-05-15
Fort Frances, ON
kudos:1
I gave up on trying to get DDWRT to work. I have OpenWRT installed now and the wireless appears to connect to the AP using WPA2/CCMP/PSK but not finding joy to bridge it to the ethernet ports.
--
Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and formal education positively fortifies it. -- Stephen Vizinczey