Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb to EG

Premium Member

to EG

Re: [Signals] New Modem - Arris TM722G/CT

said by EG:

Looks o/k other than the downstream power being a tad high but if you are not having any issues then don't sweat it.

So far, things are running without problems. Outside of doing a single speed test, I have not done any other tests to see if things are just as good as they were with my last modem.

The only question I do have has to do with the actual lights on the modem itself.

Below is the current state of each light, and what color it is

Label--->Light State----->Light Color

Power--->Solid----->Green
DS--->Solid----->Green
US--->Solid----->Green
Online--->Solid----->Green
Link--->Blinking----->Orange
Tel 1--->Solid----->Green
Tel 2--->Off----->Off
Battery--->Solid----->Green

I know why "Tel 2" is off, as I only have one phone line / number in my home.

I just want to make sure that the Link Light blinking and being Orange is normal.

I did find the manual, and it says this about that indicator light

Yellow = USB 1.x or 10/100 BaseT Ethernet connected
Green = USB 2.0 or 1000 BaseT Ethernet connected
Off = Computer not connected
Flash = Computer Activity

Maybe it is "yellow", but it looks "Orange" or "Amber" to me. Which, is why I'm asking. If it really is "Yellow" then all appears to be good then, as I know it is connected to my Smoothwall express box, which has two 10/100 MB NIC's in it.
However, if it really is "Orange", and its not suppose to be, then I may have an issue!

--Brian

joako
Premium Member
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null

joako

Premium Member

Pretty sure the link light is for the ethernet... should turn off if unplugged. It will probably turn green if you hook up a gigabit device.

plencnerb
Premium Member
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

Right, that is what I figured it to be.

I just wanted to double check the color. As I said, it looks Orange to me. However, the manual says it should be Yellow.

If it really is a Yellow light, then all is good.

--Brian

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by plencnerb:

Right, that is what I figured it to be.

I just wanted to double check the color. As I said, it looks Orange to me. However, the manual says it should be Yellow.

If it really is a Yellow light, then all is good.

--Brian

Amber, Orange, Yellow... All three color names seem to be used interchangeably by LED vendors. Possibly Arris (or their Chinese equipment supplier) changed LED vendors after the manual was published (or perhaps the manual's author was color blind).

plencnerb
Premium Member
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

said by NetFixer:

Amber, Orange, Yellow... All three color names seem to be used interchangeably by LED vendors. Possibly Arris (or their Chinese equipment supplier) changed LED vendors after the manual was published (or perhaps the manual's author was color blind).

Or perhaps I'm color blind and I don't even know it! LOL!

owlyn
MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA

owlyn

MVM

Your lights are correct.