Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
reply to elitefx

Re: Teksavvy is down in the north west of Waterloo, anyone else?

said by elitefx:

said by Guido:

Redundancy costs money. If you want higher uptime, get a backup connection or a fibre connection (with a backup!).

Gotta say that's just the most ridiculous thing I've ever saw posted on here. Who in their right mind would pay for 2 residential internet connections?

What you need is ONE connection with a RELIABLE TRUSTWORTHY NO BULLSHIT NO EXCUSES ISP!!!!

No residential provider promises 100% uptime. If internet is an integral part of your livelihood, you'll happily pay up for carrier grade access or a backup connection.

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2
said by yyzlhr:

If internet is an integral part of your livelihood, you'll happily pay up for carrier grade access or a backup connection.

Well, if everyone is running a business on their home computer then shouldn't they have a "Business" connection or some such thing?

What you said makes perfect sense but I wonder how realistic that expectation is. I thought running a business on a residential connection was against the rules? Don't know.

I know my Rogers connection has been down maybe 6 times in 10 years and except for the 2 1/2 hour blackout a month? or so ago the longest has never exceeded 1/2 hour.

Guess you get what you pay for.............