All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
kingmg88
join:2012-11-02

kingmg88

Questions about overdrive pro

Okay I just got a new overdrive pro after the last one died after only two weeks. Just wondered if there are any tips to not let this happen again. Should I not let it on all the time? Is it okay to sit flat on my desk?
Also I do have 4 bars and excellent signal strength and i took a speed test and got 2.2 down and .69 up and it does surf nicely. wondered if I should look into an antenna and if so which is best for this hotspot.
Thanks for any help
Mary
Max Signal
Premium Member
join:2008-03-07
Buffalo, NY

Max Signal

Premium Member

Is Millenicom offering this device now ?

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22 to kingmg88

to kingmg88
said by kingmg88:

Okay I just got a new overdrive pro after the last one died after only two weeks. Just wondered if there are any tips to not let this happen again.

Most likely you just got a lemon the first time... I abuse the crap out of my Overdrive (virgin mobile branded) over the last two months and it keeps on kicking.
kingmg88

kingmg88

No I did the byod plan. Wanted a mobile hotspot without having to buy a cradle.
Thanks for the info, hoping it was just a lemon
Mary
Max Signal
Premium Member
join:2008-03-07
Buffalo, NY

1 edit

Max Signal

Premium Member

I looked at manual for device and it has no external antenna port shown . You would have to use a wireless amplifier system
kingmg88

kingmg88

Okay thanks. I will see what I can find.
Mary

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22 to kingmg88

to kingmg88
There is a 3g and 4g antenna port on these devices (they are WiMax-4g)...look to the left and right of the usb port. I believe the left port is the 3G/EVDO port.

If you are getting reliable speeds and connections don't bother with an antenna.