uniqs
billydunwood
join:2008-04-23
united state

billydunwood to Blogger

to Blogger

Re: [Rant] LA Fitness

said by Blogger:

The "Health Club" or "Gym" industry is one of most widespread dishonest industries or business class in the nation. It has been that way for decades. Bally's and LA Fitness are two of more recognizable and largest names in the industry.

I'm sorry to hear that you have been added to the growing list of probably over a million people ripped of or shafted by the industry since seventies which is when the Health Club industry really started as we know it.

I know the following won't help you with your current experience but maybe in the future for you or anyone else:

If you looking for a full featured large health club primarily for the facilities it offers and to utilize the same then then check out YMCA in your area. The top end level or bets and largest facilities of the YMCA equal or surpass any health club. They are drop dead honest, the staff are all great, and the people that tend to join the Y are people that are friendly, outgoing, and upright kind and decent folks. (Disclaimer: I am not attaching any religious message or label with or to the Y or being a member. All though we all know what the letters in the YMCA stand for I assure you there is no religious or religion attached to its members or staff. No one is running around preaching anything.)

The high end Y facilities are not as numerous as the traditional commercial facilities but where they are available IMO they are the clear choice on every level over anything else out there.

I did check out on yelp and other review sites about the YMCA, and people said it was a little small, always busy, but unfortunately that the staff doesn't help/isn't good.

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium Member
join:2012-10-18

Blogger

Premium Member

Their "reviews" may be quite accurate. As mentioned size varies. I imagine the staffs are different from Y to Y but I would also suggest that a high proportion of reviews of any vendor have a lot of people that complain without merit. People tend to review to complain not to compliment.

Regardless, if convenient check it out yourself. And besides just what exactly do you require from the staff. I go as a single person and I don't require anything from the staff other than the check in process at the front counter.

Fortunately my Y has a terrific weight room and separate exercise rooms as well as three or four racquetball courts. It also has full size indoor quality basketball quart and gym as well as a 25 meter indoor pool and sauna.

I consider myself lucky to have access to such a facility. Hope you find a health club that you like regardless of who they are.
billydunwood
join:2008-04-23
united state

billydunwood

said by Blogger:

Their "reviews" may be quite accurate. As mentioned size varies. I imagine the staffs are different from Y to Y but I would also suggest that a high proportion of reviews of any vendor have a lot of people that complain without merit. People tend to review to complain not to compliment.

Regardless, if convenient check it out yourself. And besides just what exactly do you require from the staff. I go as a single person and I don't require anything from the staff other than the check in process at the front counter.

Fortunately my Y has a terrific weight room and separate exercise rooms as well as three or four racquetball courts. It also has full size indoor quality basketball quart and gym as well as a 25 meter indoor pool and sauna.

I consider myself lucky to have access to such a facility. Hope you find a health club that you like regardless of who they are.

Thanks. We are going to see what the remodeled LA Fitness will look like before we decide. If not, its either a mom and pop gym(3 around here) or the YMCA. Again, thanks for your help.

GroovyPhoenx
Premium Member
join:2006-05-22
Gloucester, ON

GroovyPhoenx to Blogger

Premium Member

to Blogger
said by Blogger:

You do know the saying right? Do something right and one person knows... Do something wrong and the whole world knows! The reason for that is very simple, people will voice displeasure over pleasure any day. So yes, if I have a complaint I want more tehn one person to know not just one. A compliment paid is earned hard. As for what you'd require, for me, if I joined a fitness club I'd expect staff to at least know teh safety and usage of teh equipment so they could educate me so I would avoid injury for example. That kind of thing isn't a huge factor but a small one.