spc
Search similar:

uniqs
pparks1
join:2002-01-01
Westland, MI

pparks1

Does ABC HD look crappy for others?

I've noticed lately that ABC doesn't look anywhere near as good as some of the other channels. I also notice that I get white spots/dots that show up in the picture....kinda like an old time movie from a video reel.

Anybody else noticing this? Trying to figure out if it's a problem in my house or something with the ABC feed.

mix
join:2002-03-19
Romeo, MI

mix

I'll assume you are talking about the HD feed. Can you verify that your tv and cable box are both displaying ABC programming in it's native 720p resolution and not up or down scaling, or worse, both?
pparks1
Westland, MI

1 edit

pparks1

My HD Box reads 720p on the display on the front. My Television is a 720p Panasonic Plasma display. This problem is very subtle....

I only noticed this problem on ABC, the rest of my HD channels seem fine. I just rebooted the cable box for good measure by holding up and down buttons and hit info.

I also hear a small amount of popping in the sound too. Almost like the show I am watching has a small fireplace in the background that is cracking every now and again.

I will keep an eye on it. Any other suggestions or things to look at.

I did go into the setup menu by holding info and guide while the box was off, and it's set for 720p, 480p and 480i. I checked the settings option from the remote and it shows the picture format as auto DVI/HDMI. My cable box is connected directly to my television via an HDMI cable.

dfs
@wideopenwest.com

dfs to pparks1

Anon

to pparks1
No problem in Clinton Twp, Mi.
dannyg402004
join:2012-11-09

dannyg402004 to pparks1

to pparks1
No problem in Chicago but when I had the DVR before, ABC regular and HD were the only 2 Channels that ever gave me problems. I always had digital breakup and the picture would just freeze all the time. Like I hit the pause button. They replaced the cable to the house, gave me a new DVR, and it got much better. Not 100% but much better. Since I upgraded to Ultra I had 0 problems. Here in Chicago, I have ABC HD Channel 200, and the regular broadcast Channel 7 for ABC. Both look exactly the same because ABC broadcasts in HD so it don't matter which one I put on, the picture looks exactly the same cause there both HD. Watch the regular ABC and see if you still have the problem. When WOW did a line test to check my signal, it was borderline good, and for some reason Channel 7 didn't act right because it needed a better signal.
pparks1
Westland, MI

pparks1

Whatever it was, it was affecting both of my TV's and now has gone away. I've noticed that some shows on ABC are very crisp and sharp, and others are softer. Must just be how they broadcast.
pparks1

pparks1 to dannyg402004

to dannyg402004
Lately it seems everything is just soft focused...even my wife noticed that ABC doesn't look good lately.