Premium
join:2001-06-11
To the west
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Majestik

Re: Name of service

said by Majestik:

I used a service here called Visiting Nurse Association back in February. Had to get a colonoscopy. When you call them they will come to the house to do the initial paperwork. Set the date/time and the RN picked me up from home,waited,assist,and drove me back. She helped me get into the house(I was still pretty out of it....the whole thing was like a dream ) and fixed me something to eat. She also helped calm me down on the way to the hospital.
Cost around $48 for four hours I think.
She also could have done light housekeeping for the price as well.

Was too embarrassed to ask friends and neighbors for help. Girlfriend was in Italy. Also needed someone I can depend on. All of my sisters are in the nursing field but it wasn't that much of an emergency for them to fly here from Virginia.
And once I set the date for the procedure I had to be there. Really wanted to get this over with and not reschedule.

That being said....If it's a medical emergency you should call your physician or 911 for an ambulance.
In your situation I would have driven myself to the emergency room immediately after the accident or called my doctor.

The problem I could not twist or bend my leg to drive my self at the time of the accident. It getting better if not by Monday I off to the doctor.
--
Caddy

Majestik
World Traveler
Premium
join:2001-05-11
Tulsa, OK

2 edits
reply to Caddyroger
I used a service here called Visiting Nurse Association back in February. Had to get a colonoscopy. When you call them they will come to the house to do the initial paperwork. Set the date/time and the RN picked me up from home,waited,assist,and drove me back. She helped me get into the house(I was still pretty out of it....the whole thing was like a dream ) and fixed me something to eat. She also helped calm me down on the way to the hospital.
Cost around $48 for four hours I think.
She also could have done light housekeeping for the price as well.

Was too embarrassed to ask friends and neighbors for help. Girlfriend was in Italy. Also needed someone I can depend on. All of my sisters are in the nursing field but it wasn't that much of an emergency for them to fly here from Virginia.
And once I set the date for the procedure I had to be there. Really wanted to get this over with and not reschedule.

That being said....If it's a medical emergency you should call your physician or 911 for an ambulance.
In your situation I would have driven myself to the emergency room immediately after the accident or called my doctor.
--
The adventure continues...Sanctuary....
Expand your moderator at work

Cabal
Premium
join:2007-01-21
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
reply to drew

said by drew:

But with paratransit, the taxpayer pays!

The problem with spending other people's money is that eventually, it runs out.
--
If you can't open it, you don't own it.

vaxvms
ferroequine fan
Premium
join:2005-03-01
Wormtown
kudos:3
reply to tcope
said by tcope:

Call the doctors office and ask.

this

beck
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-29
On The Road
kudos:1
reply to Caddyroger
Friends. Or even neighbors.

drew
Radiant
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6

1 recommendation

reply to chamberc
But with paratransit, the taxpayer pays!

chamberc
Premium
join:2008-08-05
Irving, TX
reply to Caddyroger
said by Caddyroger:

Taxi would cost $100 one way.

Someone has to pay.

lew_b
Premium
join:2003-05-11
Poughkeepsie, NY
reply to Caddyroger
Ambulette ?

tcope
Premium
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT
kudos:2
reply to Caddyroger

Call the doctors office and ask.

Caddyroger
Premium
To the west
reply to pike

I did check on that. By what i am reading the have medical letter which I did not have. After I visit my doctor I might eligible for it. I'll be calling them in the mourning
--
Caddy

pike
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-01
Washington, DC

2 edits
reply to Caddyroger
It's called paratransit. Contact the agency that operates the bus and rail service in your community for more information.

It appears you live in Tacoma. See here: »www.piercetransit.org/shuttle.htm

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
reply to Caddyroger
Your spouse? Family? Friend? Ambulance?

Caddyroger
Premium
To the west
reply to vaxvms
Taxi would cost $100 one way.
--
Caddy

DanHo
Premium
join:2002-05-20
Seattle, WA
reply to Caddyroger

vaxvms
ferroequine fan
Premium
join:2005-03-01
Wormtown

1 recommendation

reply to Caddyroger
taxi

Caddyroger
Premium
To the west
I hurt my both of my knees yesterday and now I can not hardly get up to walk or walk. What is the service called that will come and pick you up to take to the doctors or other places.
--
Caddy