All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

SDA
@telus.com

SDA to LesterZhang

Anon

to LesterZhang

Re: Teksavvy is down in the north west of Waterloo, anyone else?

Almost 9 hours here in Kitchener, it went down during a web meeting with a client, and I have a ton of work to catch up on now - 9 hours, and still counting, is unacceptably long. I have been trying to get an idea of when they can have this resolved so I can make arrangements, but obviously that was a fail. So much for customer service

I'm working off a mobile data plan, which really is only intended for short emergencies, not full days of being offline.

In my area, at least 1x a month we lose service or have badly slow speeds (Extreme Package). But usually its only 15 minutes to a couple hours. This ... is not acceptable
The Mongoose
join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

The Mongoose

said by SDA :

Almost 9 hours here in Kitchener, it went down during a web meeting with a client, and I have a ton of work to catch up on now - 9 hours, and still counting, is unacceptably long. I have been trying to get an idea of when they can have this resolved so I can make arrangements, but obviously that was a fail. So much for customer service

I'm working off a mobile data plan, which really is only intended for short emergencies, not full days of being offline.

In my area, at least 1x a month we lose service or have badly slow speeds (Extreme Package). But usually its only 15 minutes to a couple hours. This ... is not acceptable

If you require guaranteed uptime from your internet service for business purposes like client meetings, you should probably be using a business package that includes an SLA. Residential services are going to go down occasionally. There's no way around it. Alternatively you can add a DSL plan...it's very unlikely both DSL and cable will be down at the same time. Obviously both options are more expensive, but that's the price of reliability, unfortunately.