uniqs
FandBal
join:2011-03-16
Whittier, CA

FandBal to FFH5

to FFH5

Re: Old enough to know to go to Pirate bay to get free music

said by FFH5:

She was old enough to know to go to Pirate bay to get free music. Then she is old enough to lose her laptop. And let's face it, the ones most at fault are her parents. And they can pay the price for not doing their job of supervising their child.

I think this isn't enough actually. They should educate criminals like this and force her to do some anti-piracy ads in which she gets shamed publicly for what she did. (this would help spread the message that all actions have consequences)
If you ask me, the kid is just lucky deadly force wasn't used to confiscate the laptop. Not that i would miss people like this in the first place. (I know, it's hard to be tough on kids... but there are limits)

She had it coming but so do her parents. We can't let irresponsible parents like this allow behavior like this, they should do at the very least some community service for this. And if that's not possible maybe a few months in jail.
But if that's too much (i think it's fair, but some might disagree) we could always get social services involved.

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

DataRiker

Premium Member

said by FandBal:

But if that's too much (i think it's fair, but some might disagree) we could always get social services involved.

This is absolutely ridiculous.

We definitely need a new look at copyrights if people think they should lose their children for downloading a pop song.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to FandBal

MVM

to FandBal
said by FandBal:

said by FFH5:

She was old enough to know to go to Pirate bay to get free music. Then she is old enough to lose her laptop. And let's face it, the ones most at fault are her parents. And they can pay the price for not doing their job of supervising their child.

I think this isn't enough actually. They should educate criminals like this and ...

What crime was committed? The file was a dummy, and it was offered up for trade by agents of the CIAPC.

Maybe a criminal act in your Kafkaesque fantasy, but not in the U.S; at least not yet.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by NormanS:

said by FandBal:

said by FFH5:

I think this isn't enough actually. They should educate criminals like this and ...

What crime was committed? The file was a dummy, and it was offered up for trade by agents of the CIAPC.

Maybe a criminal act in your Kafkaesque fantasy, but not in the U.S; at least not yet.

I think you got sucked in by a sarcastic post and the person is not advocating what was posted.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by FFH5:

I think you got sucked in by a sarcastic post and the person is not advocating what was posted.

You think? He got DataRiker See Profile too, you know, if that is the case.