All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
S760ud
join:2012-11-28

S760ud

[TV] Rogers cable splitting?

With the introduction of digital cable, can a single outlet still be split in the way that each TV in the house still has its own control over the channels?

I don't know where digital ends and analogue begins, but all of my analogue TVs are still working when connected directly to the single outlet.

What is the simple answer (yes/no and how if yes) regarding this problem?
decx
Premium Member
join:2002-06-07
Vancouver, BC

decx

Premium Member

said by S760ud:

With the introduction of digital cable, can a single outlet still be split in the way that each TV in the house still has its own control over the channels?

Well you can split the cable, but in order to invidually tune channels, each TV will needs it's down digital set top box (either a DTA50 digital-analog converter or a full blown STB like the 4642 or 8642) to decode/decrypt the channels.
said by S760ud:

I don't know where digital ends and analogue begins, but all of my analogue TVs are still working when connected directly to the single outlet.

That's because analog cable hasn't been cut off yet. All Rogers have done in most areas is altered the line up slightly by removing a few channels that was available on the analog lineup and moved it to digital only. The analog removal has just begun and Rogers haven't yet said when further attrition of the analog lineup will occur.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS to S760ud

to S760ud
said by S760ud:

What is the simple answer (yes/no and how if yes) regarding this problem?

You can split a Rogers digital line after the box, but the box controls the channels. If you have 100% digital (Owen Sound does) you will need another box for each outlet.