Premium Member
join:2011-08-11
NYC

CXM_Splicer to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5

Re: Corruption

said by FFH5:

If you pay for your own individual health insurance w/o any subsidy from a workplace, then you are paying entirely for your own medical costs.

No, you are paying into a system where your medical costs are paid by the funds of all the other contributors... then the system skims off whatever is left. I can see why he would be sick of paying into that!
CXM_Splicer

CXM_Splicer to battleop

Premium Member

to battleop
quote:
Among the 47% there is no corruption or abuse of the system?

Yes, of course there is. There is also corruption in the Republican & Democratic parties and in the insurance industry. That doesn't mean they should be eliminated... when you have a system that you know is corrupt, you fix the corruption.

StevenB
Premium Member
join:2000-10-27
New York, NY
·Charter

StevenB to battleop

Premium Member

to battleop
I'm willing to pay higher taxes so every person living in my country has it. I know that also i will not be paying higher taxes because i fall under 250k a year income, only people who have a problem with it.. Are wealthy people making over 250k a year, or people touting the republican/tea party line.

but hey i should enjoy paying out of my own pocket 11k plus a year on it.
StevenB

StevenB to NOCTech75

Premium Member

to NOCTech75
so if i'm allowed to by the irs, i shouldn't according you right.

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop to CXM_Splicer

to CXM_Splicer
I never said they should be eliminated only that there is no such thing as "Free" health care.

NOCTech75
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Marietta, GA

NOCTech75 to StevenB

Premium Member

to StevenB
said by StevenB:

so if i'm allowed to by the irs, i shouldn't according you right.

Only thing you should take is the standard deductions.. that's it. Make sure you pay the maximum amount of tax you can, lead by example.

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop to StevenB

to StevenB
EVERYONE should pitch in not just people making more than $250k. The 1% didn't get into the 1% by being stupid. If you try and make them pay more just because they are in the 1% they will figure out a way to pass it right back to the 99%.

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

1 edit

1 recommendation

DataRiker to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
said by FFH5:

It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

Funny you never mention that about our Defense industry, and its best friend the State Department which has spent enough money in the past decades to give every American a house and health care 5 times over.

And yet we have nothing to show for it but more enemies.
« The People
prev · 1 · 2
This is a sub-selection from Corruption