DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS to creed3020

to creed3020

Re: [OT] Just bought the Philips Hue bulb kit

said by creed3020:

CFLs still have LEDs beat for lumens. I can't even consider switching to them because everywhere I have CFLs would be dim.

I found the opposite to be true. LED's were superior to every CFL application in my home.

creed3020
Premium Member
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON

creed3020

Premium Member

I guess you like your house to be dim, but lighting is of course subjective. I'd love to replace my overhead kitchen fixture with some nice track lighting that uses LEDs. That would look really nice and be very efficient. Currently that fixture is still stock on incandescent as the glass dome is too narrow to fit in the wider base of a CFL.

Thanks for that article Maynard. Some great information in that first article.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS

said by creed3020:

I guess you like your house to be dim, but lighting is of course subjective.

Don't find it dim at all. In fact, it's brighter than the CFL's and incandescents they replaced. I'm using the 800 lumen Phillips bulbs, mostly.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

said by DKS:

said by creed3020:

I guess you like your house to be dim, but lighting is of course subjective.

Don't find it dim at all. In fact, it's brighter than the CFL's and incandescents they replaced. I'm using the 800 lumen Phillips bulbs, mostly.

I agree. I'm not sure if we have the exact same bulb but I also have 800 lumen bulbs and I haven't noticed any difference at all in brightness with my old one.

I do like the fact that I can actually set the exact brightness I want. Even the old dimming bulbs were too basic as it had pre-set levels.