I'm better than you!

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4
reply to royhandy

Re: [Rant] [LONG]A Tale of Three Truck Rolls

just back on topic, as a rule; if your going to get wet, but your rubbers on!!!!
--
I'm better than you!

medbuyer

join:2003-11-20
reply to rody_44

Re: [Rant] [LONG]A Tale of Two Truck Rolls

local techs here carry the boots and grease...

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

And thats all comcast techs. You all should recognize the video. Very similiar to the one shown at the seminar. Its from the manufacture . You know the ones that make the big bucks to design the actual fitting. Do any of you see anywhere where they recommend grease or boots.

medbuyer

said by rody_44:

And thats all comcast techs. You all should recognize the video. Very similiar to the one shown at the seminar. Its from the manufacture . You know the ones that make the big bucks to design the actual fitting. Do any of you see anywhere where they recommend grease or boots.

manufacturers make it based on their own design and testing...

real world scenarios varies and may or may not dictate using boots and or grease to add efficiency...

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit

Ok so comcast techs are smarter than the people that make them. Enough said. I supplied a video that directly conflicts what you guys think along with the ppc logo on it. Pretty got dam solid in my opinion. No wonder the guy needed three truck rolls.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium
join:2008-01-06
kudos:5

I dont think you understood the video.

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
reply to rody_44

a boot is the same as using an aquaseal connector...which is opposite of what was shown in the picture with no rubber...rody, i fail to see what is so hard to understand?
--
I'm better than you!

medbuyer

reply to rody_44

said by rody_44:

Ok so comcast techs are smarter than the people that make them. Enough said.

duh...don't you realize that not all manufacturers are created equal?

some may know what they're doing, some don't.

I know some that doesn't even have a decent part numbering system much more a work order number to trace what they are manufacturing...

and as far as comcast techs..some are good in the sense that they think, some don't and just tell the customer some bs to get to the next job, in this case, the OP got the latter.

THZNDUP
Deorum Offensa Diis Curae
Premium
join:2003-09-18
Lard
kudos:2

I read the PPC AquaSeal connector ads declaring you don't need to use silicone grease with them two ways:

1. you need to use the grease with other connectors

2. it's only a selling point made up by the marketing droids.
ie: »www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&tab=i···&bih=655
--
one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:21
reply to royhandy

Unless somebody has something to say about boots they are sure will actually be helpful to royhandy See Profile, let's just give him back his help topic, please?

I can't see a really good way to split all that out, but hope we can be more considerate from here on, thanks.
--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .

royhandy

join:2012-11-05
USA

1 edit
reply to royhandy

West Coast server:

»/r3/smokeping.···erate%21

I am beginning to notice a trend.

Midwest server:

»/r3/smokeping.···erate%21

royhandy

USA
reply to royhandy

The smokeping to CA1 still looks like the Loch Ness monster. My upstream power levels are still 52dBmV and my pings are still 55 and 90. Haven't heard from Executive Support since I spoke to them last week.

»/r3/smokeping.···95b3.CA1

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:15

The Kansas tests look fine. The California tests look congested during peak hours, but that might be a path issue between the California DSLR server and Comcast's network. More information is needed on that particular path as it may not be something that Comcast can fix.

Can you rerun the Line Quality tests? The last test showed packet loss on another provider's network which has been an issue for years with the LQ tests and a classic firewall response to packet flooding (cut off response to the offender).
--
If it's important, back it up... twice. Even 99.999% availability isn't enough sometimes.

royhandy

USA

1 edit

I can buy all that. I'm just a little concerned because everything I have read indicates that my upstream power level should be 50dBmV or less and the Executive Support team member I spoke to told me that the ping response he was seeing was too high. He said it should be in the 30s and it was in the 60s.

I did just run another LQ test and here is my test history:

»/testhistory/1847622/a655c

LQ tests always look terrible for anything other than basic ping packets and if-10-12.icore1.SQN-SanJose.as6453.net (I am assuming that's a router) is always where I see the greatest packet loss. I sent an email to trouble@as6453.net and, of course, I received no response.

Update 12/5/2012: ES team was calling and wife let voicemail go without mentioning they had called. Called ES and they informed me that they wanted to send a truck out. i told them not to worry about it since my speeds seem fine. They gave me a case number and told me to call them back if I run into any other issues. Pings seem high but that doesn't really seem to affect anything.

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
reply to royhandy

(topic move) [Rant] [LONG]A Tale of Three Truck Rolls

Moderator Action
The post that was here (and all 6 followups to it), has been moved to a new topic .. »[Rant] [LONG]Another Tale of Multiple Truck Rolls

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
reply to royhandy

Another reminder: This topic is about royhandy See Profile's issues. Please use the New Topic button on the top of the forum if you want to talk about yours.

TIA for cooperation,

sorto'
--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .

telcodad

join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:5
reply to medbuyer

Re: [Rant] [LONG]A Tale of Two Truck Rolls

said by medbuyer:

I use this for all my F-connectors..PPC EX6XL

»www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=···of-50%29

FYI - Speaking of PPC, just saw this article about PPC being acquired by Belden:

Belden purchases PPC for $515M
By Brian Santo, CED Magazine - December 11, 2012
»www.cedmagazine.com/news/2012/12···for-515m